Sharing (SouRin)

It was a bright and sunny day, beautiful and warm and happy, well not for two young men, their names Rin and Souske. It was that time again and they'd be going abroad for a summer time competition and the two students were already having trouble, the entire day sucked. First the plane was late, then they spent a few hours trying to hail a taxi, the redhead shark boy almost lost his wallet along the way and finally, when they arrived at the hotel they'd be staying at with their team, they found out there had been complications and they'd be sharing a room with a single bed.

"Really? I have to share a bed with your giant ass?" the shorter male asked in slight disbelief, looking up at the taller and grumpier looking swimmer.

"Yup, don't look so horrified, I won't kick you off the bed or hog the blankets" he said rolling his eyes.

Having spent this "beautiful" day stressed, the two boys didn't even go say hello to their friends, choosing instead to head straight to their room. The two
took turns showering and, before heading to bed, made a divider of sorts with the many pillows and slowly drifted to sleep.

*9:30pm*

Souske was rudely and abruptly woken up by a kick to the side and a loud snore. He sat up quickly, a confused and tired expression spreading across his face, that is, until he saw the culprit. The taller male sighed and shook his head realizing that he wouldn't be a problem to Rin, RIN would be a problem to HIM and considering the circumstances, not much could be done about it. Carefully, Souske moved Rin so he was in a more normal position and facing away from him to make the snoring more berable and, satisfied, be went back to sleep.

*10:54pm*

Once again, the poor boy Souske was woken up, this time by the harsh cold. Groggily opening his eyes he sees that Rin has taken all the blankets and seems to have them in a death grip while he sleeps. In his half asleep state, he gets close to the redhead and lifts the blanket sliding in before wrapping his arms around the others waist to keep them both warm and both under the blankets, now both warm and able to peacefully fall back asleep.

*1:45am*

This time, it was Rin's turn for an abrupt awakening as he felt the body next to him jolt up in a panic and gasp for air. Rin panicked and sat up, finding Souske panting as he saw small tears form in the corners of his eyes, a hand clutching at his injured shoulder. The redheads eyes softened and he calmed down as he reached for the others hand.

"Hey...Souske wanna talk about it?" Rin asked in the softest voice he could muster, rubbing circles onto the others hand. The redhead assumed it was either a nightmare or a sudden shock of pain, either way, talking about the situation/nightmare might make him feel better.

"I...I don't...I couldn't-...I'm sorry.." Souske's voice broke as he covered his mouth in a futile attempt to muffle the sob trying to come out, his shoulders shaking.

Once he saw this, Rin wrapped his arms around the others neck and brought him down so Souske's head lay against his shoulder. The redhead carefully caressed his hair and rubbed circles on his back as he listened to the young man's retelling of what he soon understood to be a nightmare which was caused by the situation.

"Don't be sorry, and don't feel so guilty either...you're strong and I know we can get through this together, besides...it's not at it's worst yet right? We'll swim together for as long as you can and we'll get all the necessary treatment you need to continue swimming together" he says quietly as he pressed and unexpected kiss on Souske's forehead, but that was also the moment he realized the other had fallen asleep in his embrace. Rin smiles lightly as he lays Souske down once more and covers him in the blankets before rebuild their pillow divider and going back to sleep.

*7:30am*

*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
Came the annoying alarm clock causing the two figures on the bed to stir.

Souske and Rin were in a tight embrace, legs tangled together and hands intertwined, the before mentioned shark boys head resting on the others chest comfortably. They both let out a groan as they opened their eyes and slowly sat up, still close.

They blinked slowly still waking up as they made eye contact.

"Good morning.."

"..Yeah good morning.."

They took turns showering and changing like the night before, the competition wasn't until a few days so they had some time to just be tourists and that's exactly what the whole gang planned to do.

*8:05am*

Momo stared at his friends with wide eyes and blinked multiple times, wondering if what he saw was true, Ai following suit once he saw what the orange haired boy was looking at.

"Did something...happen between you two?" Momo said, referring to the males that stood besides each other as if nothing happened, yet  the way their hands intertwined tightly said otherwise.

"Nah we just"
"Shared a room"

END.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wew I finished it!! idea not mine, it's a writing prompt I found on Pinterest :P
Thanks for reading!! ^w^ - your second author Aza-chan