Failures

You elected to ignore Sebastian's parlor tricks in favor of watching Ciel with the Viscount. Though you knew the truth, you wanted to see if they could figure it out as well. Before it was too late, of course. Your e/c eyes dulled to a darker shade, and you could see the two of them enter a room together. You didn't hear what they were saying, but you could very well read his lips. He closed the door behind Ciel, quickly walking in front of him. You also knew that the room was filled with an incapacitating agent. He would pass out soon. The Viscout must have built an immunity to it.

Like you predicted, Ciel fell unconscious, falling against the door.

'Yes, it's a very nice place, little robin.' You read his lips. You were brought back to your regular vision when claps resounded through the room. All you saw was the wardrobe impaled with swords.

'Parlor tricks...' You thought, gazing at it. It was not even ten minutes later that you felt Ciel call for you and Sebastian. Like a blur, you were gone from sight and into the room filled with people. You saw Ciel in a cage, arms bound.

Hidden deep within the shadows, the candle slowly blew out, leaving them in complete darkness. Not for you. With the swiftness of a thousand panthers, it didn't even take you five seconds to bring down the guests. You allowed the candles to relit, revealing the unconscious bodies.

"Good grief," you heard Sebastian say. "You're truly good for nothing but getting yourself captured." He began to walk to the stage.

"As long as I have the contract, you'll follow me anywhere, with or without my summons," Ciel retorted.

"A 'contract' is a mark demons place on their prey to keep track of it. The more noticeable a place you put it in, the more executable it is."
Your eyes followed his movements.

"In exchange..."

"... the prey can never escape the demon," Ciel finished for him.

'Nice monologue, boys.' You thought, rolling your wrist out. Sebastian bent the bars outward effortlessly. He kneeled down to Ciel's level, placing a hand over where his heart was.

"Yes, I shall accompany you anywhere, right up until the end," you heard him say. "I shall never leave your side, even if I should perish. I shall go with you even to the far reaches of Hell." A small smiled appeared on your face.

'Of course you would. That's where our kind reside.' You thought, keeping your distance from the two of them.

"I do not lie..." Sebastian helped Ciel up to his feet before flicking his fingers and cutting the ropes. "... unlike humans."

"Good. Never lie to me, whatever anyone else may do. Never." Ciel's eyes moved over your figure. "Same applies to you, Y/n." He was dead serious. You looked back at him, expression unreadable. You finally placed a hand on your chest and bowed the same time Sebastian did.

"Yes, my lord."

"This solves the Jack the Ripper case," Ciel said as he stood over the Viscount's body. "It was unexpectedly easy..." Sebastian smiled at him and you just smirked, closing your eyes.

'Didn't anyone teach you?' You thought.

'If something seems easy, it's because you did it wrong.' You saw Sebastian pick Ciel up, removing his glasses.

"Well, shall we go?" He asked, beginning to run out of the room. You followed close behind him, jumping through the window. Because you weren't carrying someone on your shoulder, you easily jumped over him while he landed on the roof and beat him back to the house.

~
The next morning, Lau, Madam Red, Grell, you, Ciel, and Sebastian were in the lounge room together. A newspaper was held by Lau.

JACK THE RIPPER STRIKES AGAIN!?

"Jack the Ripper strikes again?" He read off the cover.

"So that means the Viscount wasn't our man?" Madam Red inquired. Ciel was losing his shit while you and Sebastian were glowering in the corner.

'Don't become too complacent, callow one.' You thought.

'This will not be the first case you fail at.' You had a feeling Sebastian was beginning to figure out the true killer. Hopefully he wasn't as stupid as you originally thought.

~
Madam Red was over at the moment, deciding to play chess in the lounge room with Ciel. Sebastian was also present. You, however, were in your room. Facing the window, your eyes dulled. Your vision moved to the flat where Grell Sutcliff currently was.

'Mary Kelly.' You thought, seeing her tied to the chair. The room itself was only lit by a candle. Grell stood over Mary, untying her gag and removing it from her mouth.

'So he prepares them for Madam Red, huh?' Grell leaned his head close to her, raising his finger to his lips.

'Shh.' He walked away from her and grabbed a small container of lipstick, swirling a brush around in it.

'Red.' You watched him brush it across her bottom lip carefully. Mary did not move. A crack of thunder and lightning flashed outside her window. She flinched. The lipstick was smudged on the corner.

'Tch.' You could see his lips twitch. He grabbed the underside of her face, pulling it close to his. There was a knock at your door. You quickly pulled yourself out of your tunnel vision. Your head turned behind you.

"What is it?" You called. The door slowly opened, revealing Sebastian. His expression was serious. From that, you have an idea as to why he's here.

"You knew about the true killers all along, haven't you?" He got straight to the point.

"Of course." Your reply was just as blunt. "Don't play dumb, Sebastian. You have too."

"Why didn't you tell the young master?"
You smirked at him, eyes glinting.

"Same reason as you. I'm merely following his orders."
His eyes narrowed at you.

"There's no point in getting upset. He's going to find out soon, anyways." You turned back around, apporting him out of the room and into the hallway. "Yelling at me when you're doing the same thing..." You could see your eyes glow from the reflection in the window.

"Hypocrite."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}