[ Chapter 39 ]

*play song*

~ 1 Year Later ~

Y/n's pov.

It's been a year ever since i moved out, and four suicide attempts that i failed throughout the years. I miss Gene and the kids.

They should be 1 years old right now, I've watch their videos and they seemed happy. The kids are grown up from Gene's vlog. I have my own youtube channel.

It's just me posting original songs. I still have Gene and the others contacts, we haven't contacted ever since. Bianca, Trevor, Keith and Jake doesn't know where i live and my phone is filled with their messages but i muted them. Well everyone i know doesn't know where i live.

I kinda just hide in the dark. But, the good thing is I've stop cutting, which is a relief cause my arms are healing and i have a job. I work at the daycare, just taking care of kids.

Looks fun but tiring cause of the adrenaline in them. But i have my fun with them.

It's snowing. I have my gloves, scarf and coat on. I'm outside the daycare, watching the kids building snowman's and throwing snowballs. A snow then landed on the back of my head, i turn to see the teenage 13 year old boy with brunette hair and green eyes looks at me and smirks. A snowball in his hand throwing it up and down over and over.

" so that's how it's going to be huh, Heath? " i asked.

" well, on the bright side maybe not " he said.

I chuckle, i grab a lump of snow and curl it onto a ball. I threw it at his coat and he fell backwards on the soft snow. He sits up and laugh.

He walks away and play with his friends. I roll my eyes and turn back around to see the little boy with a clump of snow in his hands and his mouth wide open, ready to eat it.

My eyes widened.

" J-jack!, that's not for eating! " i rush to him and sweep the snow of his hand with my hand.

I kneel down next to him.

" it's not for eating understand? " i asked, he giggles and grab the snow from the ground, throwing it at the air making it raining snow.

I stood up and brush the snow off my legs. I walk to the door of the daycare. I enter as a girl with brunette hair with a ocean teal dyed hair on the tip of her hair as she wear her glasses and her hazel eyes reflected by it. She was carrying a tray of hot chocolates.

" hi Y/n " she greets.

" hi Mariko " i said.

" are the other hot chocolates ready? " i asked.

" yeah, there's another tray over there " she nods her head to the direction and i nodded.

I grab the tray on the table and i use my back to open the door and turn around to see Mariko placing the tray on the bench as the kids takes it.

I walk next to her and place the tray next to hers.

" Jack! " i called the only 5 year old boy in the daycare.

He runs to me giggling as his jet black hair was covered in snow and his blue eyes reflected by the light.

He looks like Gene.

I grab a cup of hot chocolate and kneel down as he fall face flat on the snow with a soft landing infront of me. I giggle and help him up, brushing the snow off him.

" here some hot chocolate, careful it's hot " i said.

I put it up on his lips and he blows before he takes 3 gulps of it. When he was done, he had a mustache, i chuckle and wipe his mouth.