Prolouge

"Come on! Hurry up, Alex!"

A little young girl in red frock with white poka dots raced towards the hill top with a bright grin and gleaming eyes. Her tiny fingers arrested yet another tiny arm of a young boy, gasping for breath. Their footsteps brushed the long warm grass. His soft voice resounded on the cold air.

"W-Wait up, Amelia!, Should we ave to go...?"

But, the girl in the question, Amelia Jeong was too excited to hear the voice of her introverted friend.

"Yeah. Yeah. Today is the day the stars are gonna fall from the sky..!"

The fireflies flew around them startled from the sound of their footsteps. They were the only light that paved their way under the lonely dark skies of the Butan city.

"You mean the meteor shower..?"

The boy in thick glasses that were much bigger than his face corrected her.

"Yeah yeah that! The falling stars event. We can't miss it! I am soo excited."

Amelia said in a rush. The boy intelligent and charming as his name Alexander Min chuckled at the words of his dumb friend.

"Me too!"

His eyes soon catch the sight of his three other best friends and their face brightens immediately.

"Alexander, Amelia!! Here! Here!"

Holly Choi, the tall girl in canvas shoes and a long loose green tops waved her arm widely. She gestured the two to come faster and shone the brightest among the entire group of friends like a natural queen.

Beside her was another shy and feeble kid with thick braces, freckles and dirty blonde pig tails, Sarah Kim. She held an empty bottle of cold drink and her pale white frock was painted with a freshly smeared chocolate milk. She looked as clumsy and untidy as one could be. But the moment she saw her best friends coming from down the hill, her lips turned into a grin. Under the blue moonlight there seemed to be an unseen beauty hidden beneath the clumsy child's physical appearance.

The other unenthusiastic girl young girl on the corner stood with her friends with a scowl on her peachy pink face was Vanessa Choi. Her thick black hair was draped in two long plaits. The textile and material of her clothes seemed very expensive. However her fashion sense was that of a hillbilly's. In fact, if it wasn't for her twin sister Holly Choi's persuasion she wouldn't have got rid of her country straw cap and had replaced it with the fashionable leather hat of the latest trends that she's wearing.

Vanessa was initially displeased with this group gathering. But, the minute she saw the pretty young black haired boy walking hand in hand with the other girl, her cheeks flushed and her heart fluttered. The boy noticed her gaze and his blue eyes greeted and smiled along with his lips at the girl.

His dark hair was disheveled, probably due to too much running and his body dripping with stinky sweat. Vanessa immediately averted her eyes. She couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked even though he was all that at the moment, behind her flustered and awkward smile.

"So are we ready?? Are we ready? When is the shooting star gonna start? I am super pumped for it."

Amelia chirped to Holly excitedly.

Vanessa's gave went to Amelia and then swept past the exhausted Alexander. She immediately approached Amelia and pulled her frisky chocolate brown pony tail.

"Holly, you never told me this dork was joining us..! If she is gonna hang out with us, then I am leaving."

Vanessa yelled sharply shocking Alex and Sarah.