Page 1: Big News

Amelia.

There is a big figure sleeping with the blanket on. The room was found messy. The walls was filled with shabbily torn posters of famous basketball players. The trash bin in the corner of the owner's room had a few test papers. All of them are graded with zero marks. The moment I woke up after a very strong nightmare. I closed my eyes for my second shift of a morning nap. However, because of the loud ringing tone of my phone, I decided in pain that the universe wanted me to wake up. So I did.

I groaned and checked my phone.

Notifications of three missed calls from the same person, Holly, popped up on the screen. Tossing my bangs up with a sleepy vision I scrolled her phone to check for messages. My eyes immediately cleared up at the message's context.

"Oh my goodness. Is this really happening?" I cried aloud.

"Amelia. Wake up. Are gonna over sleep aga-... Oh you are up.. That's a surprise.." The looming figure at the door, my mother with a dirty apron and a wooden spatula was taken aback. But, I was excited to notice all that.

I quickly brushes her teeth and washes her face, gets dressed in high school uniform and rush to the dining table where my mother had the breakfast kept ready for me.

"Mom, is the breakfast re-... Amelia, you are ready already?" My office going elder sister walked out of her room while wearing her watched. She was fully dressed in a grey suit and a tight black air hostess skirt.

"Hm. Hm" I nodded excitedly and gobbled up my toast. I then run into the main door in excitement and almost bang my head. My mother stops her from the crash just in time in a panic.

"Amelia, Careful. What's the hurry? Do you have any test today?" My mother was genuinely frustrated by my strange energy.

"No freaking way, Mom. Do you think I really study for tests?" I laughed off but quickly realized my blunder the moment I saw her anger face. My mom glared at me.

"And, you dare to say that to me?" My mom pulled my ear. "With 'Cs' and 'Ds' on every paper, I am glad the teacher is just assigning a tutor instead of expelling you. You must be grateful to him.

"Ouch. No. Mom. Please. Mom. Not again. "I pulled myself away from her grasp and adjusted my dress. "I'm busier than you think! She is back, mother!"

My mom was confused.

"Who is back?"

"Holly, Mom!" I spilt out my excitement. "After five years of living with her mother and part-timing as a model, Holly is finally gonna experience normal school life with me! No, us! Sarah and me! I can't wait to tell this to Sarah!

My mother seemed equally pleased by the new information I just fed her.

"Oh Oh. Really? That's really nice. Have fun, Lia. Don't forget to listen to class."

" Hehe." I grinned and was happy to finally be allowed to walk into the streets.

"I will. Bye!"

I scooted down the road.

___________________________________

"What? Holly is really coming back? That's amazing!"

Sarah cried the moment she heard the big news.

"I know right. I am planning to arrange a welcome party for her." I cried in excitement. "Everything changed after Holly left. Our friendship broke. Our promises were forgotten. Vanessa became more violent and Alex...." My voice turned more grimmer as I enunciated his name. Sarah definitely wanted to respond me.