CHAPTER 10

A/N: offensive lgbt slurs and hate crimes are mentioned(and committed), so please proceed this chapter with caution.

*3 MONTHS LATER*

Winter had come and went, and spring was fast approaching, which left most of the students at the university in good spirits, especially Madison Montgomery and Zoe Benson, who were coming up on their 3 month anniversary. Classes for all students had been released early that day, so the two girls and their good friend Kyle found spots on the bleachers overlooking their football field, which lie abandoned until next fall. Madison's blonde hair was spilled over onto her ripped jeans, and she let her nimble fingers run through the smooth strands while she talked to the blonde boy about an upcoming assignment for their English class.

"What do y'all have planned for your esteemed anniversary?" He asked with a smirk, his eyes darting back and forth between his female friends, who just exchanged a look with one another, deciding not to answer the question they had just been asked.

"Ah, so you're going to fuck all night long, sorry my apologies for asking such an obvious question." He scoffed, pretending to throw locks of hair over his shoulder and strut down the field. The two girls giggled, but it quickly went quiet when the same group of men from the arcade approached the trio, laughing.

"Aw, the dykes are hanging out with the faggot, how sweet." Luke sneered as he looked between the three with disgust evident in his eyes. The blonde had sat up now, and she was giving the tall boy a glare that would make his spontaneously combust if it were possible. His eyes fell on Zoe, and he smirked, giving her a little wave with his pinky finger.

"Remember me sweetie? My offer still stands, you know." He said with a wink and she felt bile rise up in her throat. She felt her girlfriend begin to stand up, but she pushed her arm out, catching her in the navel to stop her from facing off with the boy again. She looked at the fear in her hazel eyes, and she slowly sat back down, but that didn't cause her death glare to waver.

"Fuck off Luke." Kyle spoke, crossing his arms across his chest as he stared him down from his position on the other side of his brunette best friend, his first instinct to protect her from his childish antics and degrading comments. Zoe caught his eye and gave him a small reassuring smile, and she found his hand and gave it a squeeze before letting it fall back down to his side.

"Huh, and what are you going to do? Fuck me in my ass?" His tone was cold, but the shorter boy didn't back down. In fact, he just stepped closer to him, almost threatening him to open his mouth again.

"Just fuck off Luke, I'm sure pictures of Casey Miller have been uploaded to Pornhub so you can get a good wanking before you go back to being a brain dead jackass." The smaller girl spit out, and something about what she said caused him to retreat, but not without suggestively thrusting his hips in her direction and flipping a middle finger at the other two parties. Once Luke and his lackeys were gone, they sat on the bleachers for about another hour or so, but something felt very wrong. When the trio went their separate ways, Zoe caught her best friends hand and squeezed it tightly, having him promise to call her if anything felt off to him. He reassured her with a smile and disappeared behind the bleachers and she watched where he had just been standing, a horrible feeling beginning to lodge itself into her gut.

It was later that night, and the two girls were laying together on their bed, watching conspiracy theories on Youtube. She was so invested in the video she was watching that she almost missed the vibrating of her phone, signaling that she was receiving a call. Without taking her eyes off of the screen, she picked up the phone and hit the answer button, pressing the phone against her ear.