Chapter 36

Fleurie

Charlotte pulled me into her arms, tears flooded down my face. "Daniel." I spoke softly down the phone. I'd just told him everything that had happened and there had been a solid minute of silence.

"Momma bear. Are you okay?" He asked before adding. "Do you need me to fly over?"

"No." I replied quickly, "Charlotte is here with me, I should be fine. I just told Ollie about the baby and he's happy, but Rose doesn't know and Alex isn't here." I took a long breath and grabbed a cookie from the batch that Lottie had made.

I didn't want to bother anyone else. Rose, once given the organ, would be in the ICU for twenty four hours to see if she accepted or rejected the organ. Action would be taken from then on, where she would be on immunosuppressant drugs, painkillers and an antibacterial/ antimicrobial ointment to apply to her wound when cleaning it.

Alex would be given pain killers, and he would be given a follow up appointment to see how he was coping and then action would be taken from then on.

Who said that I didn't know basic biology? I studied for the AP exam in high school but we didn't have the money to pay for me to do the exam so I only did four instead of the five I was set to do.

Oh, how my life had changed. I'd even now gotten to the point where I didn't worry about the hospital bill, or whether or not our insurance would cover it.

So long as they got better that was all that ultimately mattered in my book.

"You have a lot on your hands at the moment Daniel, don't worry about me."

I could hear him sigh, "Okay, but if you need me I'm only a flight away."

"I know. Bye Daniel, I'll keep you updated."

I hung up and placed my phone face down on the table. Charlotte sat next to me, squeezing my hand softly.

"I have no clue how you're so calm at the moment, if that was my Adriano, Faye or Matteo in the same position as Rose. I wouldn't be able to think."

"I can't." I replied, my heart was in my throat. I couldn't hear myself for my thoughts but I kept myself calm for nothing but the unborn child that I'd known about for less than twenty four hours.

Charlotte quickly swiped my mug of tea from the table and handed it to me. "Whenever I'm stressed-" She said quietly, her eyes darting upwards for a moment, "-Diego bless him, he takes me to the home cinema room. Makes me a cup of tea and just puts on a random movie. We don't watch it, it's background noise. We simply sit and have a chat."

I smiled, "Me and Alex do something similar but it always ends up in sex."

Charlotte grinned, "I never said that mine and Diego's didn't."

I was ever so grateful to have Charlotte in a time like this. Daniel would have stressed himself to a heart attack trying to make me laugh, but Charlotte just sat with me and talked to me. Charlotte dealt with issues in a very different way to Daniel. She faced them head on where he tried to distract until it was resolved, Which worked in some scenarios and not others.

She was the right person at that moment.

"What can we do to calm you down?" She asked, I turned to face her, trying to read her expression but I couldn't. "Oh, I know. You are going to go take a nap, I'll watch Oliver for you and make us all some lunch."

"Lottie-"

She cut me off, "No, you know just as well as I that the leading factor to miscarriage in the first trimester of pregnancy is stress. I've lost a baby because of that and I will not have you losing another one."