Prologue

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

3.40 am

.

The main door of the huge mansion was opened and a girl in her early twenties tiptoed to the living hall. The entire house was in darkness and she lit her torch light.

Sighing in relief she walked forward but froze on her steps when the lights were turned on.

Closing her eyes tightly she turned and bend her head down. "Sorry uncle" she whispered.

"What's the time now?" a very angry Akash Singh Raizada asked crossing his arms.

She looked at her mobile and said, "3.40"

"Is this the time you walk into a house Aisha?" Akash shouted.

"Woh...my car broke down and I got a mechanic to fix it...then..." Aisha mumbled.

"And this shirt you're wearing must be of that mechanic, I assume" Akash scoffed looking at the oversized shirt she was wearing.

Aisha gulped and Akash said, "I'll have to talk to your parents"

"Woh main..." Aisha cried.

Akash showed his palm and said, "We allowed you in this house just because of your mother Lavanya. Lavanya is dear to us all and she wanted us to look after you till you complete your studies! It's just three months that you're here and you've already started to stay out during nights....with mechanics!"

"He is my boyfriend" Aisha said in tears.

"Go to your room!" Akash said sternly.

"Please..."

"Aisha go" Akash said pointing to the stairs.

.

.

.

8.45 am

.

"I don't like that girl!" Anjali said disgusted, "I'm just tolerating her for Lavanya!"

"How on earth did Lavanya have such a spoilt daughter?" Mami asked shaking her head.

"Aur nahi to kya" Anjali said, "Out at late night and that too with a boy!"

"She said it's her boyfriend" Akash said biting his toast.

"Chiiii....girls these days...have no culture at all!" Mami cried.

"Dadi, even I go for parties!" Ayush, Akash and Payal's son said.

"You're a boy Ayush" Anjali said, "She is a girl!"

"Why are you all getting hyper on that?" Payal said sighing, "It's her life. Let her live it on her terms"

"What?" Akash cried, "Lavanya has trusted her daughter with us Payal. It's our responsibility to keep her safe!"

Payal said, "When she said keep her safe, she meant giving her shelter and providing her care. She didn't ask you to be her father and ban her from going to parties with her boyfriend!"

"But..." Anjali began to say something but stopped seeing Aisha walking to the living room.

"Good morning everyone" she said slowly.

"Good morning Aisha, sit" Payal said smiling. Aisha smiled and sat next to Ayush. "Good morning" Ayush said smiling. "Good morning Ayush" Aisha smiled.

"Aisha, HP was telling me that your car isn't there outside" Payal said.

"Ha ma, woh it broke down. I have taken it to garage!" Aisha said.

"Ma? Again?" Akash said shaking his head, "I've asked you to stop calling her that didn't I?"

"Akash" Payal hissed, "It's fine Aisha. You can call me that!" she said caressing her hair. Aisha smiled faintly and looked at Akash, Anjali and Mami who were glaring at her.

Ayush cleared his throat and asked, "So Aisha how are you going to reach college?"

"I'll catch an auto" Aisha said.

"I can drop you. It's on the way" Ayush said.

"Nahi it's fine I'll...." Aisha began when Payal said, "Go na...he'll drop you!"

Aisha sighed and nodded.

"Let's go" Ayush said standing up and Aisha nodded. She stood up and Payal said, "But you didn't eat anything"

She grabbed a sandwich and said, "I'll eat on my way. Bye ma!" she hugged Payal.

"Bye ma...bye everyone" Ayush said and walked out with Aisha.

"Akash, keep your son away from that girl" Anjali said crunching her face.

"Ha Ayush seems to be very lovely dovey with her" Mami said.

"They are just friends" Payal said sighing. This family will surely drive her to nuts. She walked to the kitchen to help HP.

She looked back to find Anjali and mami feeding bad about Aisha to Akash. She shook her head and said aloud, "What did that girl even do to you guys that you hate her so much? Just because she comes home late and spends time with her boyfriend, she is a slut! And when Ayush does the same, you don't find anything wrong! It shows how low you are, not her!" and she stormed inside angrily.