Chapter 10

.

"We both cleared the certificates and left the hospital. We paid the doctor not to disclose any information about our baby" Arnav said, "I took my car and drove away. I just drove...not knowing where we're going. Took many routes that I don't even know"

"In the middle of the journey I felt really tired and it was really difficult to manage the new born baby. So we stopped at a hotel and stayed there for a night" Khushi said, "During night the baby started crying and I didn't know what to do. We tried our best but no..."

"And then the people who stayed in the next room knocked our door. It was a couple in mid 50s. The woman came in and helped Khushi" Arnav said.

"She told me how to take care of the baby, how to massage him, how to bathe him, everything. The whole night she kept telling me what to do and what not to do" Khushi said.

"They asked us what we're doing in a hotel with a newborn infant and I told them everything. Like everything. I didn't know why I did that but I felt I could trust them" Arnav said, "After hearing our story they asked us whether we would like to come and stay with them for a few days"

"They lived in a small village in Shimla. Me and Arnav ji needed to away for a while and we agreed to them. And that's how we reached Shimla" Khushi said.

"They lived in a small house. They gave us shelter and soon we became a family. Their son had passed away when he was 20 years old and are of their own. We call them amma and appa. A few years later Amara was born and she and Ayan call them dadi and dadu" Arnav said, "I expanded their house; built a new section which we converted to a restaurant. Khushi handles it. While I has a tailoring shop. I stitch clothes like I used to do in the beginning days of AR. I love it" he finished smiling.

"Amma and appa passed away few years back leaving behind the house and a small property on Ayan and Amara's name" Khushi said.

"You wanted to be away for a few days and you never returned" Payal said.

"I know my sister" Arnav said shaking his head, "She'll go to any extent to get what she wants. She wanted my baby and I won't let her do that. She made us to choose between you all and our child. And we chose our Ayan"

"Every time we thought of coming back, the face of Anjali comes in mind. How she wanted our baby!" Khushi said in tears, "We cannot think about being away from Ayan. And Amara. So...we stayed back for them!"

"They've grown up now" Akash whispered, "Can't you come back now?"

"Does she live there with you all?" Arnav asked.

They nodded looking down.

"Has she changed?"

"No" NK whispered.

"Then what makes you think that we'll come back?" Arnav asked.

"Bhai..."

"This is my life now Akash. This is my family. Our little world. And we're happy there. I love this life, not the one I used to live as the powerful ASR" Arnav said shaking his head.

"Fine then. At least stay in contact with us" Lavanya said.

Arnav and Khushi nodded and Payal said, "You're going back to Shimla?"

Arshi nodded and NK said, "Can't you stay back? For a few days at least?"

"Amara has her exams" Khushi said, "She is in 12th"

"When does it end?"

"Next week"

"After that it's vacation right?" Akash asked. Arnav nodded and Akash said, "Okay then. After her exams you're gonna come back and stay with us"

"Akash come on..."

"For a few days. Till Amara's holidays ends" Akash begged.

"But in RM..."

"It's your house" Akash cried in irritation, "Why are you being away? Scared of that woman?"

"No" Arnav said, "I'm not scared. I'm fed up. I don't want to face any drama."

"If you love us, you're gonna come and stay at Raizada mansion" Akash said firmly.

"Jeeju please..."

"I don't wanna hear anything" Akash said firmly.

"And what about Ayan and Amara? You're gonna tell them the truth?" Payal asked, "Shouldn't Ayan know that the company where he is doing his internship actually belongs to his father. Shouldn't Amara know that the food she is relishing right now used to be your daily routine?"

Arnav nodded no and said, "We raised them as normal kids. We're a middle class family. I don't want them to be in a rich lifestyle."

"They should know. I mean, one day they would know. Aisha already knows and if she slips? What if she accidently tells Ayan?" Lavanya said, "it's better if you reveal it to him rather than knowing it from another person!"

Arnav and Khushi looked at each other and then at Lavanya. Arnav sighed and said, "Fine"

"When are you leaving?" NK asked.

"Tonight. Train is at 8pm" Khushi said.

.

.

"How do you know Raizadas?" Ayan asked frowning as he sat with his family in the railway station.

"Woh...main..." Arnav stammered and Khushi, "Ayan, woh Akash hai na...he is your father's brother"

"WHAT?" Ayan and Amara screamed.

"Shhh" Arnav hissed seeing people looking at them hearing the shout.

"And Payal is my sister" Khushi said.

"You're Payal aunty's sister? I mean, oh my god!" Amara cried.

"You are...you're Akash sir's brother?" Ayan cried in disbelief, "I mean...oh yes, Raizada! You're a Raizada!"

"Arnav Singh Raizada" Amara said his full name, "Matlab, papa you're rich?"

Ayan gasped and said, "Matlab Raizada Mansion is yours?"

"Matlab you're living poor while you're actually a millionaire?" Amara asked.

"And AR? If Akash sir is your brother then AR must be....oh god!" Ayan whispered, "AR was made by Akash sir's brother ASR. ASR!"

"ASR...matlab Arnav Singh Raizada?" Amara gasped.

"Papa!" Ayan whispered and covered his mouth with his hand.

"Is this a movie?" Ayan demanded, "One fine day you're being told that you're millionaires!"

"Ayan" Arnav said calmly, "Many things happened in the past that we had to leave the house. For you"

The train came and Amara asked, "What happened? What made you leave your family papa?"

"Let's go" Arnav stood up.

"NO" Ayan said grabbing his father's hand, "You're not leaving with an explanation papa. What's all this?"

"We'll talk later. Bye Ayan" Arnav said and Khushi hugged Ayan.

"But listen..." Ayan cried but they got into the train with Amara.