Chapter 5

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

9.30 am

.

"So this is Ayan huh?" Payal asked smiling. Aisha nodded and Ayan bend down to take her blessings.

"Hey jeeju" Ayush said hugging him.

"Jeeju?" Ayan asked surprised.

"Ha, Aisha is my di so you're my jeeju" Ayush said laughing, "Now stop being jealous of me. I won't steal your girl!"

Ayan gaped and looked at Aisha who looked at the ceiling. "I'm not jealous of you....why would I be jealous" Ayan cried shrugging.

"Don't play Ayan, Aisha told us everything" Payal said chuckling. Ayan smiled sheepishly and looked away.

"Ayan this is NK" Aisha said slowly as NK walked into the hall.

NK looked at Aisha and then at Ayan. NK smiled and hugged him tight.

Ayan was taken aback but hugged him back.

"I'm NK" NK said slowly.

"Hello uncle" Ayan said smiling.

"Ah no uncle....I told Aisha too...makes me feel old. Call me NK!"

"Okay...NK" Ayan said smiling.

"Hello hi bye bye, is this your boyfriend?" mami asked walking into the hall.

"Namaste" Ayan folded his hands. Mami said, "I'm Manorama, eldest in the house!"

"Hello, I'm Anjali. I'm Ayush's..."

"Bua" Ayush completed.

Ayan smiled and folded his hands.

"Chalo pooja karthe he" Payal called out and Ayan looked around, "Where is Akash sir?"

"He'll come now. He has to make an important call" NK said. Ayan nodded and followed" Payal while Aisha stayed behind.

"Did you tell him anything?" NK whispered.

"No" she whispered, "And you? Ma and Akash uncle?"

"Nahi...I haven't told anyone. I have to confirm" NK whispered and Aisha nodded.

.

.

"Where are you from Ayan?" NK asked as the whole family sat in the living room couch after the pooja and rakhi tying.

"Shimla"

"Do you have any siblings?" Payal asked.

"Ha...choti behen. Amara" Ayan said.

"Then why didn't you go home for rakshabandan?" Anjali asked surprised.

"Woh she is having her board exams and papa has banished me from entering the house" Ayan said smiling, "If I'm home then she would spend the whole day following me everywhere!"

Everyone chuckled and mami said, "Hello hi bye bye, but it's rakshabandan. She has to tie you rakhi!"

"Rakhi isn't important than her exams, right?" Ayan said smiling, "I just want her to perform well in exams. Papa and ma too"

"Ha that's true" Payal said smiling.

"But still" Anjali said shaking her head, "Rakhi is important. A sister ties it to her brother and the brother promises her to take care of her for a lifetime. To be with her for every sadness. Rakhi is a symbol of love between brother and sister!"