Chapter 6

.

"Friend?" Anjali scoffed, "Yeah right. The friend whom she introduced to us as her boyfriend. The friend with whom she stays out at night! Aisha, do you do this with all your friends? I wonder how many friends you have."

"Stop it" Ayan shouted, "Aap kuch bhi bolti ja rahi ho!"

"Lavanya" Mami said, "you better control your daughter. She walks into the house at 3 am in the morning after partying with this boy!"

"Ha and on top of that...." Anjali began when Lavanya said calmly, "Enough"

Everyone looked at her. Lavanya took a deep breath and said sternly, "You cannot call my daughter characterless...and that too in front of me? Not happening"

"Arrey nahi Lavanya" Anjali said hurriedly, "We didn't say that!"

"But you meant that" Lavanya said sharply and looked at Aisha who was in tears. Then she looked at Ayan who stood not knowing what to do.

"Ayan right?" she asked and he nodded.

"I've taken a long flight to here and am very tired. We'll meet you later!" she said and extended her palm. Ayan shook hands with her and Lavanya looked at Ayush, "Ayush walk him out"

Ayush nodded and Ayan followed him out.

Lavanya looked at Aisha and said, "We'll talk later. Let me freshen up"

"You're accepting them?" Anjali cried.

"That's my decision to take, not yours" Lavanya said angrily, "And why are you getting hyper? What's wrong if she has a boyfriend? Bacche he...it's their age to fall in love. When I was of her age, your brother was my boyfriend. Remember?"

Anjali began to say something when Lavanya said, "She is my daughter. I know how to talk to her and what decisions to make regarding her. And on this matter, I will talk to her, not you. She doesn't have to clear her stand before you di"

"Well she lives here!" Anjali said crossing her arms.

"That doesn't make her your daughter" Lavanya said angrily, "Fine then," she looked at Aisha, "Pack your bags. I'll get you admitted to college hostel"

"La no" Payal cried.

"I'm sorry Payal" Lavanya said shaking her head, "I thought she would be happy here and won't miss her family. But this...I cannot let my daughter stay at a place where people question her character"

"La please" Payal said in tears, "I promise you, nothing of this sort will happen again. But please don't take her away. Please."

Lavanya sighed and said, "I need to take rest. I'm having a splitting headache"

.

.

.

.

"I don't know NK" Lavanya said sighing, "I've to talk to Karan as well. We don't know anything about that boy. Just his name. Ayan Sharma"

NK smiled and said, "I know more about him"

Lavanya looked at him and NK asked, "Do you know who his parents are?"

She nodded no and NK took out his mobile showing her the pic Aisha forwarded him in whataspp.