Why I Can't Leave You (Magnus' POV)

I just needed to press that red PB button and I would be out of here. Out of all of this I was feeling without wanting to, I would be out of you andyou would be out of me . I laid my thumb was once again, for the only God know time since I was inside of here and I tried to press it. I really tried but nothing happened. My finger simply didn't move.

I just couldn't do it. A part of me wanted to run away, run to somewhere so so far away were you couldn't find me... so why I wasn't able to left your house ... Yeah, a bigger part of me wanted to stay. Wanted to go back the safeness your arms provided, to the feeling I have longing my whole life without knowing... I don't think I would ever be able to let go of that, I don't even know how I was able to go through life without it... but no. I wasn't surrendering to it, at least not this easy.

Every time I tried to press it, an electric shock hit the tip of my finger, like something was on a mission to stop me from doing it. After some time I just stopped trying and stood there like waiting for a signal from the destiny to help me and decide if staying here was what I should do.

I slowly took a seat over the elevator's floor. I was so exhausted, not physically but mentally that I needed to take a breath. I seat there with my legs folded and my knees touching my chest, I laid my head back so it could rest on the wall behind me and closed my eyes, for a moment nothing else existed it was just me, myself and I, well that and something else that I was able to sense inside me, something I didn't remember to have ever noticed before but there it was now.

At some point, I decided to stop fighting back. I finally accepted that maybe there was something good waiting for me. That at the end, the life didn't hate me as much as I though it did. I finally accepted that he came to bring light in the darkness I was moving on... He would be there for me when I needed someone, there for me to walk by my side this so I didn't have to do it alone.

I felt so stupid afterwards. People wasted their whole lives waiting and looking forward to meet their soulmates, some never even get to know them or even worse just had a few moments with them and then was I, running away from mine because I though I didn't deserve one, just because I felt that no one deserved to have someone like me.

Grandma would have hit me with a wood stick for doubting the soulmate bond like I did. You can't blame that much it tho.

My lips curled into some kind of smile as my eyes kept shut. I felt light now, light like a feather, like the rock I carried over my shoulder was finally lift out from me. It felt good, so good in fact. I didn't felt like this in a long time, I never thought I would be able to feel like this, but a lot wasn't how I expected it to be at the end.

If someone, but Raph maybe, would have told that Lightwood was my soulmate would I have probably fell to the floor out of laughing but here I was... Yeah, a lot was different now.

Alec came back to my mind, well no, to be back on the spotlight of my mind if that made sense. Now that I thought about it, I still wanted to runaway, but for a totally different reason now... I didn't know what to do now. Accepting it was step one but going forward with it was a totally different situation.

Cold . A cold pair of hands was removing... tears? ... from my cheeks. I open my eyes and did my best to focus on the blur figure in front of me. I didn't need to. I was able to feel him , I knew it was him.

-   "Magnus, are you okay? Why are you crying?"

"Never been better." I said as my right hand rested on his left arm and the pained expression faded from his face to replaced with relief.

Trust me, I have never been better Alec.