▪ Chapter 6 ▪

Their little game

"Uh...nom..~"

'This food is actually good... sigh this atmosphere is killing it though.' Rui thought as she takes a small bite out of her food. She looked around at the boys. 'No wonder Yui was uncomfortable. It's kinda awkward to be honest.'

"Doesn't seem like you've eaten very much, little bitch." Laito appears next to Yui and leans to her head.
"You need to eat a well balanced diet or you'll get anemic~" his eyes narrows and leans in more closer to Yui. "I'd be more than happy to feed you, if you'd like~"

Before Yui could respond, Reiji placed his knife and fork down, and speaks up. "Laito. It's impolite to stand up while the rest of us are still eating. So, please refrain from doing so."

"Hmm~ Yes sir~" Laito pulls away from the blond and stood straight up. "But~this conversation isn't over, little bitch." He said and walked over to his own seat.

'I have some candy in my bag from those unknown girls, I guess I'll share some with Yui.' Rui thought and placed down the fork she was using, on the table then took a napkin and softly wiped her mouth.

"Crrrkk--"

Sound of chair dragging lightly across the floor interrupted the repeated silence. "Huh?" Yui looked at where the sound came from. 'Hmm.. He's going. He didn't touch his food... does he even eat?' Rui thought and glanced at the blond male.

"I can't be bothered with this." He said and went out of the room. Rui looked at Reiji then the departing person. 'How polite to Reiji, pfft. Well it's about time to go, I'm done eating anyway. It was a good thing that Shu left.'

Reiji:"I've had it with that deadbeat. As a child, he had everything handed to him on a silver platter. This is what happens when kids are spoiled." He kept his cool and calm demeanor but still sounded pretty annoyed.

Rui quietly looked at Reiji. 'I can relate to him a little bit, I guess. When I was a child I did try to gain attention from my dad by behaving well and getting good grades but life isn't that easy, you know. Father was already married for the second time around that time and had a boy from that woman. You could say I failed and he got all the love and attention.'

Rui looked away from the guy and stares at nothing particularly. 'Well, as the time goes by you get over it. I stopped caring when I entered middle-school, it was a good thing for all of us. I've met the other woman's boy a few times. Sure, he was a little spoiled but he did nothing, so I don't have anything towards him or his mother and our father.  It's not like we can customize everything. These brothers, even if they lived for hundreds of years, they're still a little childish... but who am I to judge, I don't know their everything.'

"-That will be all for today." Reiji finishes talking and Rui just noticed that he was. Rui pushed her chair back and stood up, ready to leave.'I got caught up in my mind.'

Yui also stood up and placed her hand on Rui's shoulder and started to leave the room.
Reiji:"Wait just a moment."

Yui turned around to Reiji. "Huh?"
Reiji:"Your table manner is deplorable. Are you not aware of that? One of these days, I'll have to take you aside and discipline you thoroughly. Have I made myself clear?"

Yui hesitantly responded "Y-yes."
Reiji:"And that includes you as well, Rui." He said eyeing the little girl.

Rui shrugged a little and answered in a quiet tone. "Understood."
'Sigh, it's gonna be bothersome.'

Time skip: In Yui's room.

Yui walked over to a wardrobe and opened it and took out something like a book. She walked back to the bed and sat next to Rui. 'She seems to be thinking really seriously. Hmm? Oh, it's the diary.'