▪ Chapter 8 ▪

Poor little thing

Rui slowly opened her eyes in her room. She looked around with her half opened eyes to adjust them to the light.

"Hmm?"
Finally after few seconds, her eyes adjusted to the light and Rui was able to see more clearly. 'It's already past 1 pm.. I'm suprised no one woke me up. Today we don't have any school, sound nice~' Rui stretched a little and went to the balcony.

On the balcony Rui spotted two people near the red rose garden "Kanato and Yui?.. " She watched them quietly until they left.
Rui sighed went back into her room to change her nightgown. 'Sorry, Yui but I'm not good at dealing with Kanato's type.'

(Her clothes)

(Her clothes)

After changing, Rui looked at the mirror. '... I didn't mean to change into this... is this what the Author of this anime wants?' Rui sighed once again.
'Also what's up with this scarf... it's not even cold yet.. I guess I can go along with it, since it's not that hot.' Rui thought.

Time skip: after few hours, in the rose garden

Rui was laying on the bench alone, just looking up at the dim sky.
"Today, I didn't meet any of the brothers directly. I wasn't originaly here so I guess most of the things revolve around Yui and not much things changed with me around." She said to herself and just kept staring at nothing, in deep thoughts.

"Tap.. tap .. tap.. "

Someone walking was heard very faintly. "Hmm..?" Rui stood up and looked at where the sound came from. A black shadow was seen, turning around in the corner. The pinkette stood up and followed the shadow.

When she turned around the corner, nothing was there. "Nothing..?" Her voice held a little bit of disappointment. 'I should go back, it's getting dark.' She thought and turned around.
She suddenly bumped into something and fell back on her bottoms. "Ow... hmm?"

The pinkette looked up at what she bumped into. '... Richter..?' She muttered in her mouth.
Richter looked down at the little girl.
"Another human?" His eyes narrowed in confusion.
Rui:"huh?-"

Before she could say a proper response, Richter pulled her up and pinched Rui's chin and lifted it up to make her face him.
"There wasn't any mentions of another human..." he said to himself.

Rui placed her palms on his shoulders and tried to push him away. "Why are you here?" Was all she could say.
Richter stared at the weak little girl in his arms and let her go, dropping her on the ground.
"Curiosity kills the cat. If you want to keep your little life, don't be nosey." He said and walked away.

Rui looked at the disapearing image "what was that all about..?" She said and stood up, then dusted the dirt and dust off from her clothes.
'Hmm, he was confused on why I was here. I suppose I wasn't in Richter's plan... I wonder if I'm in his plan?' She asked in her mind.