Chapter Two

Nicole's POV

~.~.~.~

Threads of light creeped in through the windows, making me groan. It feels like I closed my eyes five minutes ago, seriously. I stood up sleepily, noticing that Delilah wasn't on the bed anymore. She's probably would up earlier and went with Jasmine. I made the bed, it would be so rude if I didn't. Smoothing out the sheets, I swirled my neck in a circular motion, popping sounds filling mg ears. I sighed in satisfaction, and went downstairs. " Okay, so the piece goes right there, and that's Millie's face! Now Umicar and then the puzzle is done, and-" " Sorry to interrupt, but where could I find some clothes?" I asked, peeking many head in the living room door. "Upstairs closet." Jasmine replied quickly, not taking her eyes off the puzzle she was working on with the girls. "Thanks." I said, making a clicking sound with my gums. I jogged back upstairs, and went in Jasmines room. The bed was unmade, and toys were scattered through the floor. Typical.

I went to her closet, and opened the sliding wood doors. There were bright colors, and very few subtle colors. There was a load of shoes, they were all mixed together. I picked out a plain white shirt, and a oversized gray sweater, that had Harvard on the front in dark red letters. I found a pair of vans in the same color. As for pants, there were some cute ripped jeans that I couldn't pass up. I went the her bathroom, and brushed my hair with a comb that was in its packaging. I left my hair down, but put a silver clip in the front part. I went back downstairs.

I checked the time on the microwave; it was 10:52. "Delilah, its time to go." I said, walking closer to them. " Awh! " She whined, crossing her arms and huffing. " Say goodbye to Jasmine and Ryan please." I said firmly, patting her back lightly. "Bye Jasmine." She said, hugging her side. " By Del, I'll see you soon." Jasmine replied, hugging her back. "Bye Jasmine, thanks for everything. " I said. "Any time!" She smiled, patting my shoulder. "Bye bye, Ryan." I said to the half-asleep baby, rubbing her rosy cheek. She mumbled nonsense, and kicked my leg weakly.

"Bye!" Delilah called as we left through the front door. It was sprinkling rain, but the sidewalks were soaked water. The lawns were shiny due to the water film over it. "Careful Del, its slippery." I warned, holding her hand. " Okay, today is frwiday right?" She asked, looking up at me as we walked to the car. "Yep, mommy doesn't work today, so we can go have some fun today." I said, smiling at her lightly. "Where are we going?" Delilah questioned as I unlocked the car. " We could go to the carnival that's around town, or we could look around the shops that are also around town." I shrugged, picking her up and buckling her in her car seat. " But right now, we have to get you changed for school. I'll pick you up some breakfast from the café by our house, alright?" I asked. "Okay mommy...can I wear my pink dress?" Delilah asked softly, as I buckled myself up. "It's raining princess, maybe tomorrow, alright?" I said, turning on the car. She huffed slightly, and pouted. "Please?" She asked, brown eyes wide and bottom lip peaking out. " Maybe, if the weather gets better, if not, your going to wear what mommy picks." I added, and started driving. I decided I'll pick up breakfast first, so then we can give the weather time.

I parked in the parking lot of the café and got out of the car. I opened Delilah's door and helped her out, then locked the car. I stuck out my hand and she gladly placed hers in mine as we walked up to the cafe doors. The light smell of cinnamon and coffee lingered in the air, making me sigh in delight. " Hi, can I have one mini egg biscuit, one box of orange juice, a blueberry muffin, a cappuccino, and a small Cinnabon, please." I asked politely. The woman at the register nodded and rapidly typed something in the cash register. " That'll be 6.82 please, your number is number 14." She said, smiling. I took out my wallet and rummaged through it, taking out some money. I handed it to her, and she place it in the register and clicked a few buttons. "Your food will be out shortly." She smiled. "Thank you." I replied, and went to sit at a small table.