Chapter Fourteen

Nicole POV

I sat on the leather car seat, looking at the place the address was. It was a little house, it didn't give a homey feel. It felt cold and intimidating, kind of like Selena. I stepped out of the car, clicking the lock. I knocked on the door, and waited.

The door opened, revealing a posh Selena with lips pursed. "Come in." Selena said, stepping aside slightly. I walked in, there was a couple silver couches. There was a silver laptop slid under her arm. "Sit, have some lemon tea." She said, pouring pale liquid in a mug. "Thank you." I said, pretending to sip it. It barely touched my lips, I didn't dare to swallow any.

"So Nicole, what did you do before you worked at Gap?" Selena asked, chewing on a biscotti. "I worked at a pharmacy." I said confidently, even though inside I was trembling. "Justin told me you worked at a supermarket before Gap. Hm." Selena frowned. "I had two jobs, both had short shifts." I answered, shifting uncomfortably in my seat. "He didn't mention that, but-" I quickly cut her off, done with her façade. "Cut to the chase, Gomez. What do you want?" I snapped.

"Want to get to that so fast? So be it." Selena answered coldly. "I know what your real job was, before Gap." Selena said, fingers trailing the computer. "Liar. You have no proof." I said, eyes cold and hard. "I do, in fact." Selena said, opening the computer and sliding it on the coffee table in front of me. The video started. Intense clubbing music was blasting from the computer. There was a ton of drunken men and women in front of a stage. That's when I realized she did have proof.

There I was, twirling and sliding down a stripper pole. I was prancing around, being a tease. Then I went off the stage, and got on some guys lap. I quickly shut the computer, hot tears springing in my eyes. You could clearly tell it was me.

"So how does it feel? To have men yelling dirty, dirty, things to you?" Selena said, cunning and evil grin slapped on her face. She knew this hurt a lot. "So here's what this has to do with me, whore." Selena said, dull brown eyes intense. "You and your spoiled brat of a daughter stay away from Justin. Cut off contact. Ignore him. Don't answer his calls or texts. Nothing." Selena said.

"If you don't stay away from him, this lovely video gets posted on all social medias. Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, you name it. You'll be known as the thirsty hoe who wants attention and money. Everyone will hate you. Justin will be disgusted." Selena said, looking at me as if I was a bug she peeled off the bottom of her shoe.

"I will never stay away from him." I whispered. "Well then, by the time you get home, the Internet will be broken by how many times this was viewed." Selena shrugged. "Bye, Bambi. Remember what I said!" Selena yelled as I went out the door.

I drove home, cheeks tear stained. In a matter of seconds, I would have to tell Justin about my old profession, before he found out himself. "Justin?" I called coarsely, clipping the keys on the hanger. Pedro and Luna ran over to me, biting at my socks. "Coming; I took Delilah to school." Justin said. "Sit, please." I said, voice dry and lifeless. "What's wrong?" Justin said, taking my hands in his as we sat next to each other.

"Just listen, please." I said, breathing in deeply. That's when it all came out. "Before I worked at Gap...I didn't work at a supermarket, or whatever. I was a...exotic dancer. They called me Bambi, that was my stripper name. I was desperate! I just had Delilah and I needed cash to get a roof over our heads. I had no other choice! I hated it so much. I hated touching people, that probably weren't sober. I hated prancing around in barely nothing! I...." I didn't have a chance to finish, I just started full on sobbing. Justin was silent, while I cried.

I pulled my knees to my chest, sniffling and hiccuping, tears still dripping down my chin. "Please don't be mad.." I whispered shakily. "A little too late." Justin said quietly. "Please..." I whispered, shaking hand reaching to his. He scooted his hand away, staring in my eyes and shaking his head. Justin stood up, and slid in his jacket. He opened the door, took one last glance at me, and left.