Chapter 3

Song attached is completely unrelated I just really like this song at the moment.

Percy POV

     As expected, the rest of the seven stayed back after the training session had ended and helped put up all of the equipment. We worked in silence for a while before Piper decided to speak.

"So, what happened between you and Annabeth?" she asked.

     Wow straight and to the point. I sighed before motioning for them to sit down in the stands before I told them everything that happened.

"Wow, Perce, I'm sorry," said Piper.

"It's fine. I mean it was mutual so I'll be fine. I'll get over it eventually," I replied, trying to reassure myself more than them.

"Okay, but we're here for you, you know that right? If you need anything just ask," she said, the others nodding in agreement.

     She stood and gave me a hug before walking out of the arena, the rest following behind. I watched them leave and, after another hour, finished cleaning.

     I walked back towards the dining pavilion for dinner and the campfire afterward. The former being uneventful, besides the same stares from breakfast. At the campfire, I sat by the seven, Nico, and Will Solace who was obviously flirting with Nico and Nico, being the oblivious idiot he is, was unknowingly dodging Will's every attempt at getting closer to him.

     Halfway through the campfire, I looked over at the two, Will trying once again to flirt with Nico, when Will met my gaze. I smirked at him while he gave me a helpless look. I shrugged at him, the smirk not leaving my face and he sighed frustratedly. I silently laughed and turned my attention back toward whatever was happening in the middle of the amphitheater.

     I tried keeping my attention on the campfire but I got bored again and my thoughts drifted. Before I knew it, the campfire was over and Nico was punching me in the shoulder.

"Perce, come on. Get. Your. Lazy. Ass. Off. The. SEAT," he said in frustration as he tried to pull my arm out of its socket.

"Geez hold on Nico," I retorted.

     I got up and he glared at me. I laughed and gave him a noogie to which he glared harder and I saw Will stifling a laugh.

"Aw Neeks, your hair's all messed up," I said in a childish voice.

     Nico glared harder and fixed his hair, mumbling under his breath. Will finally started laughing out loud and Nico glared at him, too. He punched him in the shoulder and pulled him away from me. Will looked back for a second and I shot him a wink and he grinned in response.

     After they left, I headed towards the beach and sat on the sand, watching the moon on the water. I sat there, watching, for a while before I went back to my cabin, falling into a nightmare filled sleep as soon as my face hit the pillow.

Apollo POV (Ay surprise)

     After saving Percy and going back in time, my memories stayed and there was a hole in my heart where Percy once was. I sat through meeting after meeting discussing what would happen after the war and, on more than one occasion, I found myself lost in thought, reminiscing on when Percy and I were closer and mourning over what we lost. I knew getting back what we had would be near impossible now but I was hopeful the fates would find a way.

     A few weeks after the war, the gods decided to create a portal so the two camps could aid each other frequently and we wouldn't have another fiasco. It would take almost every gods' powers so we decided to flash down to Camp Half-Blood the following day.

     I went about my own business that day, mostly thinking about Percy and the war until I retired to bed early and waited to return to camp and see Percy once again.

     That night, I didn't dread waking up as much as other nights.

Percy POV (sorry for all of the shifting)

     It had been three weeks since Annabeth and I broke up and I felt lonelier than I'd been in years. I still had my friends, of course, but I never felt as close to them as I felt dating Annabeth. We still talked but every talk just made me long for companionship even more. I still felt that hole in my heart and no amount of talking or hanging with my friends could change that.

     After 2 weeks and 3 days of breaking up with Annabeth, Chiron called a meeting with all of the cabin leaders. It was after lunch so I spent the first half of the day mindlessly wandering around the camp until lunch. I met with Nico, Piper, Will, and Annabeth at the pavilion and we all sat together, old rules forgotten. We chatted as always, me regularly spacing out and nodding along to whatever was being said. It was the same old routine as every other day after Annabeth and I was tired of the monotony. I hoped this meeting would help me get my minds off things and maybe we'd get a bit of action at camp.

     Lunch went by quickly and we headed to the meeting in the Big House, us all being leaders of our respective cabins. There were some campers milling about when we got there but, for the most part, the Big House was relatively empty save for Chiron.

     We sat and waited for what felt like an hour but was only a few minutes, until everyone had finally showed for the meeting. It took a few minutes to get everyone settled and quiet but Chiron remained patient with the restless demigods. The noise finally died down to a volume that Chiron could be heard at so he cleared his throat loudly.

     We looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to elaborate on why we were there.

"I called you all here to announce the arrival of the gods tomorrow after lunch. I was not made aware of their plans but everyone should prepare for their arrival by straightening out the cabins."

     There were several groans heard from around the room but Chiron just rolled his eyes and continued.

"Percy, my boy, would you do cabin inspections today? Make sure everything is in order."

"Of course, Chiron," I answered.

     Chiron nodded his head towards me and dismissed us all. I stayed back to get the clipboard with the cabin inspections on it. It only took a few minutes and I left the Big House quickly, savoring in the end of my monotonous routine at camp that was surely to come tomorrow.

I'm actually pretty proud with how the campfire scene came out and I've learned that I actually love writing this book even if I don't have that much time to write. Thank you guys again for reading and thank you for reading the first book which currently has 2 thousand reads which is INSANE.

Also, feel free to point out any mistakes or leave constructive criticism if you would like, it would really help me write in the future.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and have a great day, week, month, etc.

~Emily