Chapter 7

Percy POV

     After an hour or so of just exploring the ship, I along with everyone else got bored so we decided to play a nice friendly game of Mario kart which was so thoughtfully placed in the living room with an ancient version of the Wii. What started as a fun and delightful match turned into a competitive and cutthroat death match between Nico and I while Reyna and Apollo casually pressed the button on the remote and exchanged looks every time Nico and I started trash talking each other.

     After an hour or two of kicking Nico's butt, Reyna got tired of our arguing and turning off the game. She silenced our cries of protest with a glare and we searched for anything else to satisfy our boredom.

     I looked towards Apollo who seemed to be lost in thought. I got up and walked towards the kitchen to make some of my mom's blue cookies. Mine may not be as good as my mom's but they're still good either way, after all I learned from the chef herself. (Idk why but everytime I think about making cookies I can't help but think of Kelsey in tiger's curse) There was a bit of turbulence while I was putting the cookies in the oven and I panicked before remembering the monster shield Hephaestus had installed on the ship, seeing as we were flying across the Mediterranean.

     As soon as I pulled the cookies out of the oven, I turned around to see the other three waiting for me to give them one. I reluctantly gave them away, a piece of my heart breaking at every lost cookie. I saw Nico take a bite and his eyes widened in surprise.

"I didn't know you could bake, Perce," he said.

     I gave him a smug smile and replied, "I'm a man of many secrets."

     It only took a few minutes before all of the cookies had been eaten, myself eating most of them. I washed all of the baking stuff off with help from the others and I checked the time. 8:33 and I was starting to feel sleepy from all of the cookies. A look around at the other three told me they were feeling the same way so we bid each other good night and I started getting ready for bed.

     After a few hours of heavy sleep, I was awoken by the sound of someone crying. I quietly got up and opened my door, peering down the hallway in confusion because the rooms were supposed to be soundproof. I waited a minute more and didn't see any sign of anyone else being awake. I started walking down the hall until the sound got louder. I eventually saw a sliver of light where someone had left their door cracked like I had, past experiences making me weary of not being able to hear the rest of the world.

     I slowly creaked open the door to see Apollo softly crying in the middle of the room. I stood at the door until he noticed me, not wanting to intrude further. He looked up after a minute or two and hurriedly wiped the tears from his eyes, I hid my surprise at seeing him so vulnerable and he tried to steel himself but failed miserably.

"Sorry, Perce, didn't mean to wake you," he finally managed to whisper.

     I took a step forward, feeling the need to comfort him, and I began to shake my head.

"It's fine really, I used to do the same thing. I still do, actually," I said attempting to make him feel better.

     He gave me a half smile and I motioned towards the space beside him.

"Can I sit," I asked cautiously.

     He nodded after a moment and I sat, remembering what I'd do after Annabeth had a nightmare. I wrapped my arm around his back comfortingly. He tensed for a moment before I saw his shoulders relax and his posture slump. I sat with my arm around him until I saw his eyes flutter shut and he leaned further into my arm.

     I laid him back in his bed and got up to go back to mine before I heard Apollo talking softly.

"Percy, can you stay for a little while longer?"

     My heart clenched at how small his voice sounded and I sat back down beside him. I watched him as he fell back asleep and I was soon lulled to sleep by his even breaths.

~~~~~~

     I woke up to a pain in my neck and I looked around before realizing I had fallen asleep with my head against the headboard. I looked to my left to see Apollo still fast asleep. I got up and went back to my room after making sure he wasn't going to wake up. I checked the time and saw it was still only seven so I went back to bed.

Apollo POV

     I woke up at around eleven and looked around my room, confusion running rampant at my mind from the scent coming from the pillow next to me. It took a while to recognize the smell and when I did I audibly groaned.

So it wasn't a dream. The familiar salty scent continued to assault my nose and further my embarassment as I remembered exactly what happened last night. The moment only made me sadder than I had been before because Percy still didn't remember what happened.

     I lay in bed, debating on whether to get up or just stay in bed until I died of dread but the appeal of seeing Percy again eventually won out. I slowly got ready for the day--opting not to flash myself into acceptable condition--and went down to the kitchen for a very late breakfast.

     I walked out the door of my bedroom and immediately collided with a body. I stumbled backwards and looked up, my previous apology forgotten when my eyes met sea green.

"Sorry about that," he said in the same sheepish voice I came to love in the previous timeline.

"It's fine," I managed to say in a surprisingly steady voice.

      He looked like he wanted to question me about last night but I cut him off before he had the chance to speak.

"Thank you for last night. I really appreciate it but I really don't want to talk about it so soon."

     He bought my lame excuse of a reason and we headed to the kitchen together, a comfortable silence blanketing our atmosphere.

Writer's block sucks but spring break is v excellent. I hope you like this update and my attempt at being fluffy but you know I guess it's okay. I really appreciate all of your guys comments and likes and everything and I hope you all are doing wonderfully this fine year and I hope you're all excited for summer cause I know I am.

Also, I'd like to know y'all's favorite bands if you don't mind because I personally really enjoy music and hearing about what kinds of music people like to listen to and discover new artists.

Anyway, hope you guys have an excellent day, month, year, etc.

~Emily