1- a new school year.

I walked down the poorly lit sidewalk with nothing but worry on my mind, my best friend Rowan along side me. It was the last night of summer and school was starting early tomorrow, I wasn't prepared.

"Overall, how was your summer?" Rowan questions me, I stop to think about my answer.

How was my summer? It was filled of secrets, ones that I could not let her know about. Ones that I could not let anyone know, they were exquisitely only for me.

"Good," my answer is short and simple.

Rowan seems satisfied by the answer, her attention already turning towards something new. A small, stuffed tiger wedged in the fence we were walking along. She stops and brings out her camera, taking a photo and than swiping through the filters.

I look over her shoulder at the photo, Rowan had a talent for art.

"Get over here you little hoes!"

I turn to see the few people I despised the most, well one I somewhat cared about. Niki, Hailey, Sean and Brandon all began to make their way towards us.

Hailey and Rowan used to be friends, but had some falling out once high school started. Hailey lingered behind before she followed the rest, obviously she wasn't interest in the games they were playing.

Brandon and I stared at each other, challenging one another to look away. He was a tough competitor, but eventually his eyes turned to look at the ground. Things between us were complicated.

Very complicated.

"Want a beer?" He asks, more to Rowan than me.

She doesn't reply, so I nod my head and push back the can he had in front of us.

"Niki, give em a beer." He nudges her a bit and sends me a smirk.

"I'll give them a beer, I know little Sage will take it. Won't you?" She puts two cans in our direction. Rowan of course doesn't take it and I have to fight off the urge to take mine, Rowan sends me a confused stare. On any other day I would have easily chugged the can, but now wasn't the time or place.

"Come on, don't be little bitches. What happened to you Sage? Last time I saw you, you were so fucking wasted someone said you passed out."

I see Brandon's eyes immediately go to mine to see my reaction, but my poker face has become excellent. Rowan's eyes were on me as well, but only because she had no idea what Niki was talking about. This was apart of the secrets I didn't want her to know about.

"What about you? Hailey tells me you're still a virgin." Nikki turns to Rowan and smirks.

Rowan instantly looks to Hailey, but their eyes were not going to meet.

"Pop your cherry yet, little girl?"

Rowan turns away as the group begins to holler unkind words to her, Hailey not joining in.

"God Nikki, you really are a sadistic little bitch," I say before turning to catch up with Rowan.

What a way to start the new school year.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

The ringing sound of my alarm wakes me up, not a good way to start the day.

I quickly take a shower and than put on my outfit: a yellow top with jeans embroidered with yellow flowers. I pair it was a forest green flannel and my favorite pair of boots.

My makeup is light as always, mascara and eyebrows.

The drive to school was short and once I park, I spot Rowan by the entrance of the school. Quickly, I catch up with her so we can walk in together.

"Good morning," I yell into her ear causing her to jump.

"Someone's happy, good morning." She laughs as she responds to me.

"I want this year to start out with a good day."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

First period was English, great.

As everyone sat down, the teacher began talking about some summer reading. Since it was something I did not do, I began to draw on the corner of my desk, tuning her out completely.

My drawing, however, was interrupted by the door opening to reveal a very late Brandon. He sat down a few seats in front of me, the teacher already starting a argument with him.

But that wasn't what I was focused on. My eyes were on Sean, who had his hands on Hailey's waist.

I looked around to see Rowan with the same confused look on her face. What was going on?

After a long, boring period we where finally able to go to the next class.

My second period was a library aid, so I knew I had some time to kill. I sat alone in the library, the librarian no where in sight.

I continuously looked over my shoulder, I had the feeling that I was being watched and I guess the feeling was correct. Because the next thing I knew, a hand was over my mouth.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

What do you think? Please vote and comment!