Lady Luck (Nobunaga x Reader) Part -1

It was another victory in the war to the Oda clan. Two days ago the army came back to Azuchi after ending the war against some rebel warlords in the north of the Oda territory. A banquet held in the evening to celebrate the victory and reward those who performed excellently in the battle.

As usual (y/n) was present at the banquet, but not as the chatelaine. Her role in the lavish banquet was to be a princess of the Oda clan.

Dressed in a gorgeous five-layered kimono she looked like a real princess, and some fine jewellery and minimal makeup made her more elegant and lovely. She sat beside the lord of Azuchi as some daimyos came to greet Nobunaga and her.

During the small conversation, she stole a few glances from Nobunaga who was busy talking and drinking sake.
After those daimyos left she whispered to Nobunaga, "Do you like the arrangements for this banquet?"

"You did well." Taking a sip from his cup Nobunaga commended her.

Tilting his head slightly, he gave her a side glance, "Do you want to ask something else too?"

At his question (y/n) only stared at him.
'Do I? Yes, I want to ask you a lot of question, Nobunaga. Why are you avoiding me recently? Why are you behaving like you don't know me? Didn't you notice tonight I'm wearing the hairpin you gave me before leaving for the war? What's wrong with you?'

"Nothing." She answered which followed by a question, "How long I have to continue this act tonight?"

Setting down his cup on the table in front of him, Nobunaga leaned against his armrest. "Until the banquet will end."
He looked at her, a smirk on his lips, "If you complete your task flawlessly then I'll give you a very special reward."

In response (y/n) rolled her eyes.

'Reward? Will it be a strip Go game or another hot spring trip with you?' 

Her hands automatically clutched the fabric over her left collarbone where a faint mark of love-bite remained.

'I'm just a doll to you, right? A doll whom you can use to please yourself whenever you want and show others as a decorative piece. Is that how you feel for me, Nobunaga?'

Negative thoughts and questions swirled in her mind, making her more angry and frustrated. To stop those dark thoughts from consuming her mind, she decided to take a short break from her action.

As she stood up, she felt his eyes on her, watching her every move. She expected him to ask where she was going, but he didn't say a word to her, only continued to talk with his vassals.

(y/n) walked to an open window and drew a slow breath. She glanced down at the Azuchi washed by the silvery moonlight.
Suddenly she felt someone touch her right shoulder, and she whirled around, half expecting to see Nobunaga. Unfortunately, it was not the man she expected.

"Are you all right, (y/n)?" Hideyoshi asked worriedly.

(y/n) gave him a gentle smile and answered, "Of course I'm fine. Why do you ask that?"

His brows furrowed more at her response, "You don't need to lie to me, (y/n). I know it's exhausting for you to dress up in this heavy kimonos and act like a princess, but hold for an hour or so. This party will end soon."

He stopped for a moment to think something and then continue, "I can request Lord Nobunaga, so he-"

(y/n) grabbed his hands to catch his attention, "Hideyoshi, calm down. I think you need a break rather than me."