[ 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 ]

(a/n): hey guys! sorry for not updating for a long time! This oneshot is based on a real life experience, so, enjoy! :P

Kris and (y/n) were quietly working on a project together in Kris's house. It was the day before submitting the huge project they were supposed to have started on a month ago. Because of this, they were cramming as fast as they can.

"Hey Kris, where's your mom?" (y/n) asked.

"She's visiting my brother in university for a few days."

"So... Are you gonna stay here, alone?" (y/n) asked. They were worried, since Kris was gonna be alone in the house without anyone to take care of them.

"I'm sleeping at my father's house later."

"Alright." That seemed to reassure (y/n). They were this close to inviting them for a sleepover.

They worked silently for a few more minutes before suddenly, all the lights went off.

"Aah!" (y/n) screamed surprisingly. The project forgotten, the two tried to go outside in panic. They tried to open the door, but it was jammed.

"Snow's piling up. We're probably stuck here."

"Oh. Oh no." (y/n) sat on the couch. "Kris, I'm scared."

Kris sat beside (y/n) and pulled them close. "It's alright. You're not alone."

(y/n) felt comforted beside them. They felt their face heating up, the sudden realization that they liked the person beside them as more than just a friend.

Somehow, this took their mind off the power outage.

They both fell asleep in each other's-

--

You lock the screen and slam your phone on the table with a bang.

"hEY kRIS." You turn to them, hopefully concealing the nervousness.

"(y/n)." They reply. "Whatcha typing?"

"It's... an... Uh. A project. Its the research project were supposed to do. I'm just doing it in advance. In my phone." You say. Pleasepleaseplease just let them leave it at that and maybe you don't have to lose your dignity today.

"Let me see." Crap.

"N- no." You weakly tell them. You weren't going to show them imaginary scenarios you made of you and them, no sir. You're not mentally ready to reveal your feelings yet.

"Why?" They ask.

"Because." You quickly try to make an excuse. "Because I have to go now. Bye." You quickly run out the door and sprint to your home.

--

Kris watched as you ran out the door, practically trembling. Well, that was suspicious.

What you were typing was certainly not a research project. One: you were a bad liar, and two: there wasn't any research project at all.

They remembered part of what they saw before you noticed them.

(y/n) felt comforted beside them. They felt their face heating up, the sudden realization that they liked the person beside them as more than just a friend.