2

Rebecca's POV

Eva and I were best friends since the first day of kindergarten. I can still remember the day we met like it was last week.

*First day of kindergarten-NYC 2006

No Ones POV

"Okay sweetie, it's time for you to go with your teacher now," Anna said emotionally, bending down to hug her daughter.

"Have a good day Becky," Micheal said, waving as Rebecca said bye to her parents and walked away.

Anna's POV

Micheal and I stood there watching Rebecca walk towards her teacher. Some girl bumps into her, she's the same height and has dark brown, almost black hair. They both fall over, but the other girl gets up and helps Rebecca up. They smile at each other and start talking. Both of them walk towards their teacher.

I smile, a tear running down my cheek.

"Hey, what's wrong? She made her first friend," Micheal said, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"I know, I know," I said, "But she's so little, do you think she'll be okay? We just moved here last week."

"Of course she'll be okay, she's our Becky," he said, as we started walking away and back to our car.

Rebecca's POV

"Oof!" I muttered, falling to the ground. I see the girl I bumped into, dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin, she's super pretty. We're both on the floor, and she starts giggling. She gets up and then puts out a hand and I grab it, lifting myself up.

"Sorry," she said, still giggling. I don't really know why she's laughing but I'm not gonna ask.

"It's okay," I say, picking up my Dora backpack from the ground, "what's your name?"

"Eva. What's yours?" she answered

"Rebecca," I say. The school bell rings and we both run towards our teacher, Ms. Flynn.

"Pick a chair guys! Make sure you include everyone!" Ms. Flynn says, very cheerfully. I sit down at an empty table.

Eva sits down next to me and smiles, "Hi!" she says, I say hi back. Ms. Flynn claps and gets our attention.

~~~~~~~~~~

We spend the whole day together, getting used to our new school. We played with our class outside and ate with a few other girls at lunch too.

Micheal's POV

"Okay, I'll be right there," I say, a frown on my face.

"Everything okay?" Anna says, getting concerned.

"Yeah, there's an issue at the new location I need to go fix," I sighed

"That's okay. I'm almost done with this box and then I'll go pick Becca up. She knows you're opening in a few days," she reassured. I kiss her on the cheek and go to my car.

Anna's POV

I was so nervous but so excited to pick Rebecca up. Ever since she was born, I've been by her side almost every second. I hope she wasn't too nervous or overwhelmed.

I pull up to the pick up zone and get out of my car. I hear the bell ring and stand by the side of my car, waiting for Rebecca. I see a bunch of kids come out of the school, and then I see her, she looks really happy and when she sees me, she runs into my arms and I pick her up, smiling. We get in the car and she tells me about her day.

'I'm so glad she made a new friend,' I think while she's telling me about Eva. Rebecca was so happy and I was so glad she had a good first day.

*TIME BACK

Rebecca's POV

Ever since that day, we became closer and closer and we were best friends ever since.

A/N

If there's any confusion, Rebecca's mom calls her Becca and her dad calls her Becky. Both of them call her Bec[k] sometimes as well.

Thanks for reading!