S.O.S BOBBY

My dear friend Bobby,

Yes, I'm naming this journal Bobby. Well, Bobby if I didn't know this before and sure as hell do now. You don't trust Harry to "help" you figure out what's wrong with your parents. Like EVER. I said to be like spies. Like spies! Keep it on the down low. But what did Harry say at the table?!?!

"So I know why you two are avoiding each other,"

It's dinner time and dad made alfredo pasta with some chicken. A usual dinner at home. Both dads sit at the ends of the table. Harry sits to pa's left while I sit to dad's right. Just a little tension but it's manageable until Harry opens that maw of his he calls a mouth.

"And why are they avoiding each other, Harry?"

I shoot him a look. What part of after dinner did he not understand?! Harry, you had one job! ONE!

Harry put his fork down and looked straight at pa, with certainty in his eyes.

"You're having another baby."

Do you ever just want to shake someone violently? I love Harry and hate him sometimes. I wouldn't want to kill him, I haven't gotten that kind of feeling, yet. So shaking him violently is the closest to that I'll get.

I wasn't sure if I want to laugh or shake him but that was until dad turned to stare at pa and I couldn't hold in my laughter. Dad was in so much shock he couldn't form any words.

So the thing is, I'm not saying Harry is a psychic but I'm also not saying he's not. It sounds silly having a magical pa, a dad that practices magic and being a magic baby myself but I believe in coincidence. Harry has predicted some stuff but once again it could be a coincidence.

But pa stared Harry down with the same determination.

" I. Am. Not. Pregnant."

"Yeah. You. Are. I can feel it."

But Harry is his son! I don't know what pa was expecting. Harry, to back down? Wrong child. But wait, he could feel it? I stopped laughing. This got serious too fast.

"Bill.."

Shit. Dad found his voice and I regret all of this. Dad sounds serious and a serious dad is no joking matter. This is why the children stay out of parent issues but do I ever learn? NO!

"I AM NOT!"

Pa slammed his fist on the table and took a deep breath. Do you ever just want to like... jump out of existence? Because I'm sure Pa can read my thoughts because I think really loudly when I'm stressing out.

"I am not. It's my body I would know. The reason avoid or don't avoid your father is my and his business only,"

He turned to look at me. Just bury me alive already. You know? I wouldn't be the first body buried behind the Mystery Shack. Definitely not the first one buried alive. Why even lie? Pa knows I'm the one behind Harry's outburst.

"But something I wanted to share was that I'm leaving for a couple weeks. I made a deal and I'll like to finish it as soon as possible. I'm leaving tonight. We'll talk about a potential sweet sixteen when I get back. Excuse me."

Well, there goes my pa, my sweet sixteen party, and my appetite.

"You know what the newspaper said to the ice cream?"

"No.." Harry and I said in unison.

"What's the scoop? And with that, who wants ice cream?"

There goes dad's humor too.