Chapter 36

🌺🌺🌺

"Charlie," Ed grinned down at me. "You do know that you mean the world to me, right?" He grabbed both my hands and squeezed them, tightly.

"Of course I know that, Ed." I beamed. "You mean the world to me as well. I mean- I'm- I'm so happy with you. I'm so- I'm extremely grateful to have you. I want to spend the rest of my life by your side."

"You do?" Ed giggled and bit onto his bottom lip. "I'm so happy you said that just now."

"Well, I mean it, Ed. I really do." I smiled at the handsome man in front of me. Everything he was, was everything I ever wanted. Honest. It was only a couple years ago that I dreamed of being inches away from Ed, not only because he was Ed Sheeran, but because he was Edward. I've loved this man for who he truly was on the inside. There had always been a feeling inside me that told me I knew him, even though I had never met him. Now, that I'm here, in his arms, as more than a friend, I'm more than just honored.

"I fucking love you, Charlie Cole. I love you to death. I love you more than I love cats. I love you so so so ... very very much. And I want you to know something. You're the bravest person I've ever known. We've done so much and we've been through a whole lot, and you're just so beautiful. You've been so faithful to me. I appreciate and love every inch of you. I would be nothing without you." His words had me in tears as I giggled and listened to his soothing voice.

Ed kissed my cheek just as I had began to wonder what he was up to. At that very moment, he got down on one knee and my heart felt as if it had dropped down to my stomach.

"Ed?" I asked, completely shocked. "Oh, my God. Ed? I.."

"Listen, you've been on my mind since the first day I saw you, honestly. I just ... I know you're the one. You're the one for me. You're my missing puzzle piece. I'd be absolutely honored if we spent the rest of our lives together. Charlie, I'm asking you right now ... Will you be Charlie Sheeran? Will you be my one, my only, my beautiful, gorgeous wife? Will you marry me?" Ed then reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny, beautiful dark silk black box and opened it to reveal the most elegant Harry Winston diamond I had ever seen in my entire life.

"Oh!" I gasped, openly sobbing. "Ed, it's so beautiful!!"

"I'm glad you think so," he grinned as he pulled the ring out of its cage.

"Yes!" I cried. "Yes! Yes, very much! I'll marry you-"

"Oh, fuck off, Harry!!" Example slurred loudly. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the tent.

No Ed.

I quickly sat up as I picked up my left hand and studied it, carefully.

No Harry Winston.

I gasped.

It was only a dream.

"No, YOU fuck off! Look at the dude! He's dead! Fucking dead!!"

"Oh, boo hoo! You're snake is dead! What are you gonna do? Arrange a funeral for the thing??"

"Maybe I will, yeah! And you know who I'll invite? Your old friend from the bridge!"

"Aw, man! Fuck off!"

"No, YOU!"

I sighed deeply as I heard the two maniacs outside. They were acting like savages, when things were perfectly fine just earlier. That was the whole reason why I had decided to take a nap, because things were under control.