Exam Proctors

It was the day of the Psychological Qualifying Exam, we have made sure that all of the proctors ay nasa kani-kaniya nang assigned rooms. Nandito kami ni Glaiza sa room kung saan kami naka-assign. Hinihintay ang mga estudyante na dumating. May ilan pang hindi nakakarating sa room. Tahimik lang silang nagrereview habang ang iba ay nagdadaldalan.

"Rhian, saktong 8 A.M. ba dapat start na ang exam?" Glaiza checked in with me.

"Yes, Glai. Otherwise, mahuhuli tayo." I answered her.

"Okay. Sige, since 5 minutes na lang we could explain the mechanics to them na." Glaiza suggested.

"Okay." I answered her.

"Sino ba mageexplain?" She asked.

"We could take turns or I could discuss it. Your choice." I answered her.

"I think it's better if you did." She answered me.

"Okay." I said as I stood in front of the class.

"Class quiet! The exam is about to begin." Glaiza said to them.

"Thank you, Glaiza." I addressed her.

I paused and looked at each of the student who will be taking the exam before speaking again.

"Good morning, class. My name is Rhian and this is Glaiza. We will be the proctors of this exam." I introduced ourselves.

"Good Morning Miss Rhian and Miss Glaiza." They greeted us.

"The exam will be divided in three parts. The first part will test your knowledge in Stats, may 50 items ang first part ng exam. The second will test your knowledge in BioPsych for 70 items. Third at pinaka-crucial dahil may 150 items ang exam na ito will test your knowledge in Theories of Personality." I smiled and paused for emphasis.

"No cheating, no phones or notes. Any one who will be caught cheating will be severely punished by the school authorities. Guys, tandaan nyo ha? This exam will determine if you will be qualified to be a 3rd year Psychology Student next year. So please don't risk your chances. If there are questions you're having difficulties in answering, please don't hesitate to ask me or Glaiza." I said to them.

I paused and looked at them as some of them looked straight ahead.

"Are we clear?" I asked them.

"Yes." They all answered in chorus.

"Get one and pass." I instructed the students on the front row as I handed them their test papers.

"Good luck guys. You have two hours to answer the test." I smiled at them finally before sitting back down in the chair in front of the room.

Si Glaiza naupo sa likod ng classroom. I sat there with eyes peeled. Nagmamatiyag lang sa mga estudyante. Maya-maya lamang isang estudyante ang lumapit para magtanong.

"Miss Rhian, I have a question about the second item on this test." Sabi ng lalakeng estudyante.

"Okay what part of the question don't you understand?" I asked him.

"Uhm.. everything po." He said.

"Can you please. Read the question back to me." I said to him.

"Errors occur when a researcher incorrectly __________ the ___________ hypothesis; therefore, they erroneously accept the __________ hypothesis."

"Okay, so what do you think the question points out?" I asked him.

"About errors po." He answered.

"Okay, so the question points out to an error commonly done by researchers when they decide on which hypothesis to pick. But this item is asking for the right terms to this statement." I smiled at him.