SEVEN ! billys suspension and sara

꧁ ❛ MY BOY ❜  ꧂
 ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ

CHAPTER SEVENBILLYs SUSPENSION AND SARA

CHAPTER SEVEN
BILLYs SUSPENSION AND SARA

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EYE?"

Maxine, Max, Mayfield ( Billy's half-sister ) asked him, leaned against his door frame. She had her arms folded, her ginger hair falling from her shoulders. It was the morning after Billy's fight with Adam Joss, and his dad had received a phone call, informing that he was suspended for a week.

"What do you think happened?" He growled, standing in front of his mirror, holding a frozen bag of peas against the black and blue circle.

"Adam can throw a good punch?" Max joked. Billy turned and walked towards the door. She widened her eyes in fear of him making her his next target. But instead, he remained silent and slammed the door in her face. She needed to get to school anyway.

          Billy sat on the edge of the bed, picturing the images of his father's terrifying face as he beat him near to death. Although, it was nothing new. His dad always hit him. He thought he should be numb, by now. But he wasn't. It still hurt and it still broke him each time. The room was dark, his curtains drawn, and he could hear Max and his step-mother, Susan, watching T.V.
          His father had gone to work, leaving Susan to drive Max to school. They then left, Billy bring sure to listen to the keys lock the door, he finally emerged from his bedroom, bringing out his weights. He lit a cigarette and began to lift them, curling his biceps. After several minutes, there was a knock on the door.

"Hello?" Billy shouted, unable to unlock it because Susan had the keys.

"Its Sara." She replied. Billy looked through the looking glass and saw she had a plastic bag in her hand.
"Is this a bad time? I can come back later."

"No, I just... come round to the window." He told her, pulling the curtains apart and seeing her face on the other side of the glass. His own face lit up. She had done her make-up lightly, thin eyeliner around her eyes and mascara.

          Billy opened the window, giving her a hand in climbing in, and exhaled, tugging on his sweaty vest. He placed the cigarette in a nearby ash tray and sat on the couch. Sara noticed Billy's black eye, felt sorrow, but decided it was best to leave it and not ask him.

"You're skipping first period?" He asked her, watching her unpack the snacks and drinks she had in the bag. She placed them carefully on the coffee table. She had also brought some microwavable popcorn, sweet and salty.

"Yeah, well, all periods," she told him, taking the popcorn and tossing it into the microwave, setting the timer, "thought you could use some company."