Goodbye Keith...

"Goodbye Keith..."

~Earlier that day~

The battle was getting intense, although we were winning, the planet was going to blow.

"GUYS WE'VE GOT TO GO! GET THE LAST OF THE PEOPLE AND LET'S GET OFF THIS TICKING TIME BOMB!" Pidge yelled over the intercom.

"Alright Pidge, we're on it! How long do we have?" You said as you ran and yelled, urging people into the head of Voltron.

Turning a corner you saw a small cliff. Your eyes darted around to see if anyone else was around here. It was empty.

"(y/n) we've got to go!" The hothead yelled to you over the noise of the planet that was starting to combust.

"The lion is full! I won't fit! You go! Take them to safety!" Your voice cracked, knowing what would happen, the inevitable death scared you.

"I won't leave you (y/n)! Please just come on!" You stood at the edge of the cliff, Keith standing tall in front of you. "I love you for quiznack's sake (y/n)! I love you!" He yelled, brushing a stray hair from your face.

"You have to..." Your voice was practically a whisper. The world faded to quiet.

You looked up to meet your lover's gaze, his wild coal hair brushing his face violently in the wind. His violet eyes gazed into your (e/c) ones. You didn't need words in that moment, no matter how much blasting or screaming there was, there was only silence. A single tear ran down your (s/c) face, dripping onto the armoured foot of the man you loved.

The sun was setting, the red-orange sky behind the old red paladin, as the world turned to night, you wrapped your arms around him, tiptoeing so your soft lips could peck his pale cheek. Your hands grazed his strong jawline as you whispered into his ear. "I love you Keith. I always have. I always will. Please forgive me. Goodbye..."

The next all happened in a flash. You pushed off Keith, propelling him into the safety of the black lion and you off the tall cliff into oblivion.

All the noise came flooding back, attacking your ears violently, but the sight of the castle engulfing the lion and flying away to safety pulled a small, crooked smile at your lips.

The darkness started to take over, stars dissappearing, the noise fading away. This was it for you, but at least he could go on, live and protect.

Just before it all faded to black, you let out a small whisper as you closed your eyes gently.

"I love you."

"Goodbye Keith..."

~~~~

Okay so I hope you enjoyed this chapter thingy! I'm going to try and get used to writing again with this and then work on chapter 9! I'm supposed to be getting ready to go out but I disided I would write since I had some spare time! Sorry I suck at writing and sorry I don't really update. I'm very stressed and overwhelmed with work and emotion so I hope you all can understand!

Thanks for reading! Any suggestions for another one shot? Leave it in the comments!!

Love you guys!

~Bee 🐝