Chapter 43

Lauren's P.O.V

When i woke up this morning , my mama was still asleep . she need to get that rest on a nice comfortable bed . i stretched and checked my phone . surprisingly i didnt get a good night text or goodmorning text from him . i am pissed off still but him texting me that just tells me he is still alive since he is in this whole drug dealing game .

Hes probably gona text me later . i got up to take a nice long hot shower and brushed my teeth . When i got back in the room , i noticed i had 3 missed calls from jeremiah . I took my phone off the charger and called him back .

Phone conversation :

Jeremiah : LAUREN ! LAUREN ! DERRICK GOT SHOT LAST NIGHT !

Me : WHAT ?!?! IM ON MY WAY !

End of conversation

Even tho hate isnt the word for how made i am at him , hes still my baby daddy . i heard my mama toss and turn .

Mama : whats wrong ?

Me : MA ! DERRICK GOT SHOT !

Mama : WHAT ?!?!

My mama hurried up and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face . i put on some flip flops , some sweats , and an old shirt . my mama put on her flips flops . She grabbed the room key and we darted to the car .

Derrick's P.O.V

Im still alive . Coming to find out , i also got shot in my neck . The bullet in my side was near my kiddney . The doctor told me that i was lucky to be alive because if jeremiah wouldve never gotten me outside and into the car , i wouldve died . He only got shot in his arm but hes ok . Hes sitting in a chair next to me .

Jeremiah : you up ?

Me : yea . thanks man for everything

Jeremiah : you my bro man . i got yo back

I gave him a soft hand shake since i was in pain . i heard somebody come in my room and it was lauren and her mama . im surprised to see them .

Lauren's P.O.V

When i walked in , i saw derrick hooked up to all of these tubes and stuff . i started crying because it looked like he was gona die .

Derrick : aww come here

I walked over to him . He reached his hand up and wiped my tears off my face .

Derrick : im so sorry

Some more tears came off my face .

Me : its ok

Derrick : the doctor said im lucky to be alive

I bowed my head . i guess this shows me that life is just too short to be mad at somebody . The doctor came in . he was the same doctor for my mama .

Doctor : oh hi ! good to see yall again

Me : is he ok doc ?

Doctor : indeed he is . the bullet was 3 inches from his kiddney .. umm , the bullet in his neck missed all of his important veins . but he is lucky to be alive

I looked down at him and he held my hand .

Derrick : i love you

Me : i love you too

Now the question is , who did this to him ?