Chapter 15: Briar

Why do you always do this?
   "I thought we were a we."
   We are, but you cannot blame all of your screwups on me.
   "It's not like I hurt anyone, Ari."
   You easily could have. Why is Nico covering your tracks anyway?
   "I don't know. Maybe she's trying to protect Victor."
   You could have just said the money came from the pocket of your hoodie, you never needed to pull her into this.
   "I got nervous! For being my other half, you're terrible at understanding me."
   I thought the reason you left them was so you could stop picking pockets.
   I roll over on my side to find Victor fast asleep completely unaware of the war I'm waging in my head, lucky bastard. It's a shame, I really did like him too.
   I slide out of Karolina's clothes and pull on the ones they found me in. I'm pulling on my boots as Nico wakes up. She just stares at me. I look at her, waiting.
   "Do you think I'm gonna stop you?"
   "Does it look like I want you too?"
   "Sort of-"
   I grimace at her.
   "I know all of it. Get out." She says.
   "My pleasure."
   "They're gonna miss you. You really could have had a better future, to bad you are a coward."
   I freeze, then I walk out. I'm not a coward, I just know what it takes to survive.

   Hey guys! Thank you for reading my first fanfic! This story isn't over, I'm making a sequel set about a year in the future and it's going to have Gert. I just need a break for a bit and this is where I wanted to end the story to set up the rest of it. Stay tuned! Thanks for almost 2,000 reads!