The World's Labels - 4

(THE SONG IN THIS STORY IS WRITTEN BY MY VERY VERY VERY CLOSE AND BEAUTIFUL-SOULED FRIEND MATTHEW) i love you bro

CASEY's POV

I swallow thickly, running across the field with the football in my hand.

"Heads up!!" I bellow, throwing the ball across the field. I smile as it reaches my other team mate, and we score the final point. Kids come rushing up to me and my team, and the happiness surrounding me is suffocating. Too suffocating. I smile at A.J, telling her I was gonna leave.

I want to see Rhea.

So very badly.

And I hate that I do. It wasn't my plan to fall in love with her. My thoughts are disrupted as I hear a voice coming from the locker room.

Rain, rain down on me

Put me to sleep

I'm oh so tired of running

But it's just a force of nature

A human nature

And they don't know you

They don't know you like I do

I burrow my eyebrows and walk closer, rounding the corner. My heart skips a beat as I see the familiar beat up yellow sneakers that someone wears.

I got a gut feeling

That somethings coming to meet me

And then I see you and I understand

Before you get here

Freeze -

Let time take a breather

I creep up behind Rhea, feeling myself becoming transfixed on her voice. Her beautiful, pained, smooth voice.

Burn -

(You're) a wild fire on the loose

Breeze -

You're gonna lift me off of the ground

I eye the dried blood that sits on her stomach, cheek, arms. You cant see it if you are not looking for it, but it's blinding if you're the reason for it.

Shock

Cause you're a natural disaster

I reach out to touch her shoulder.

"Natura- AHHHHHH!!!" She screams, flailing backwards and scrambling to get up. The peaceful look on her face turns into something clawed, disturbed, un-natural. I see tears start to swirl in her eyes.

"Fuck! Oh God, I shouldn't have- oh god look I'm sorry okay, I'm leaving, I'm l-leaving right now-" I simply watch as she stutters terribly, hastily packing up her stuff.

"Hey wait, Rhea, it's fi-"

"Please, please just- It won't happen again, I-I swear!" she trembles inching closer to the door. The fear in her that I usually chase now unnerves me.

"Stop. Right now." I say strongly. Her face goes pale and she stops trying to fiddle with the door knob. She looks down warily.

"Come here." I know the way I'm talking sounds like I'm mad or something. I just don't know how to act around her. She shuffles her feet, dropping her bag to the ground. Getting ready, my mind screeches. I sniff. I grab her shoulders and she flinches back, turning her head.

"Look at me Rhea."

She does. My eye twitches.

"You have a beautiful voice. Don't you ever apologize for it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RHEA's POV

The smile on my face lasts long until after I'm out of the locker room, long until after I'm out of the school, and long into the night. I bury my face in my hands. Why does she do that?

The next day at school, I try to hunker down my excitement. Nothing good happened when I was too excited. I walk next to Jackie as we approach Language Arts.

"So tell me, how exactly did you manage to get caught in her locker room without getting beat up?" Jackie mused. I roll my eyes lovingly as we take our seats. I turn to him. "Doesn't matter. Anyway, how's you and you know who~" I said in a song song voice to annoy him. I laugh as he turns bright red.
"W-what?! Shut up, t-their fine, I don't know, why are you asking me?" He stuttered, becoming flustered at the mention of his crush. I was about to laugh and say something more when Casey walked in. We made eye contact and I immediately shrunk into myself. I noticed it, Jackie noticed it, and Casey noticed it. She walked towards me, her fingers twitching oddly by her side.

"Come to my house tonight." My heart skips a beat, but settles when I realize its for the project.

"O-okay." I whisper back, knowing better than to mess with her. She looks into my eyes, looking for something. When she doesn't find it , she smiles weirdly and walks away.
I look over at Jackie, who chews on his eraser and grins at me.

"You have so much work to do."
——————————-
Guys give me ideas lmao next chapter is at Casey's houUse and tea is spilled