Chapter 7

"So I was thinking, Pete, how'd you like to do some stuff that's more your level?"

Peter stopped swinging his legs, breaking eye contact with the glass table. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," Tony paused. "You're practically ready to graduate high school already, kid, why not work on something a little more advanced?"

Peter frowned, confused. "You think I'm ready to graduate, I'm fourteen?"

Tony smiled, shaking his head in disbelief. His son really was that modest... or ignorant of his own brilliance. Either way, it was rather adorable. "And you're smarter than most of the people I," he coughed, "Ms Potts, employ."

Peter blushed, this was a lot of praise to take in at once. "Thanks..."

"And," Tony continued, "You're my son, so of course you're smart."

Peter shook his head in disbelief, and Tony laughed whilst mumbling, "So should we get started or what?"

Nodding, Peter replied with, "Sure."

In the next ten hours, Tony went over Relativistic Quantum Field Theory, Astrophysics, Electromagnetism, General Relativity, Non-Linear Optics and String Theory. The older man was amazed at how quickly Peter learnt it all. Most of this stuff took months for MIT level students to understand and it had taken merely an hour or so for his son. Calling Tony a proud parent would be understatement...

"Dad," Peter said, when they had finally finished covering String Theory, "Can we watch a movie, after dinner?"

"Oh sh-shoot... food, that's a thing."

"What?"

"Nothing," Tony insisted, rubbing his forehead in panic, "Should we order some Chinese takeout?"

Peter beamed at him. "I thought you'd never ask."

Twenty minutes into E.T. Sam and Scott walked in, carrying five closed and one half opened bag of takeout. "You two order these?" Sam asked, through a mouthful of chicken, "A guy outside was ringing the buzzer for ages, before me and Scotty, here, turned up."

Peter jumped up from the couch, webbing the remaining bags of food towards him and his Dad. "I'm starving!"

"Well, we didn't exactly eat lunch, did we, Pete?"

"Pops would kill me."

"More like he'd kill me, he loves you too much."

"I know."

"Are you incorrect Star Wars quoting me?"

"From a certain point of view..."

Peter never finished his sentence as Tony engulfed him in a Trojan horse hug, which was hiding a million tickles. "Save me, Sam, Scott... Save me!"

Sam and Scott both grinned. Then the falcon crept a little closer to the pair on the sofa, "Actually, I think I'd rather help the metal man."

* * *

"Tell me more about Peter," Bucky exclaimed, his arms wrapped around the blond. The man had mentioned him a few times briefly but had never gone into detail.

"Well... he's kinda like me back before the serum."

Bucky let out a hearty chuckle, "So a scrawny kid from New York, who thinks he can save - and help - everybody."

"Hey!"

"But also an extremely loyal friend, who everybody loves," Bucky added, before kissing Steve on the forehead.

The Captain sighed, "Yeah... He's all that, and more. He's intelligent, might be only fourteen but he's probably ready to graduate college."

The blond pulled out his wallet, from his pocket, opening it to reveal a small, passport photo of a boy. A boy with scruffy, brown hair and a mischievous grin.

"You sure he's not biologically your's and... Tony's son? He sure sounds like a mix of you both."

Laughing, Steve placed the wallet back in his jacket. "He does, doesn't he? We adopted him back after the Battle of New York, against Loki and the Chitauri..." Then, after noticing Bucky's confused expression, he added, "Thor, one of the Avengers - a celestial being - his brother tried to take over Earth. They were from outer space, Buck, and they were evil. It's how the Avengers was formed."

Bucky smiled softly to show that he kind of understood. "Ah, okay..... go on."

"His parents were killed in a plane crash, Pete was the only one to make it out alive... unscarred actually. Then he lived with his Aunt and Uncle up until the Battle but their apartment building was destroyed... Peter was the lone survivor."

"Sounds like a strong kid."

"Yep."

"Just like you..."

"I ain't a kid, Buck."

"Compared to me you'll always be a squirt."

Steve shoved his boyfriend playfully... boyfriend. Did he just call Bucky his boyfriend? Take a deep breath, Rogers, you can do this. "Bucky..."

"Yeah?"

"You wanna go meet, Peter, t'morrow," he questioned, bracing himself for the answer.

"Sounds great."

Steve relaxed. The pressure of his boyfriend not wanting to meet his son lifted. "I'll call Tony. Make sure they'll be in."

"Good."

* * *

"Jus' got an incoming call. I'll be back in a sec, bud," Tony muttered, walking out of the lounge. "Hi, Steve," he said, calmly.

"Hey... Was wondering if I could come round and see Peter, after school tomorrow."

"And by you, I'm guessing you mean Bucky too?"

"Uh huh..."

"Well, it doesn't really matter what time. The kid dropped out of Midtown."

"He what?"

"Relax, I'm homeschooling him. So's the rest of the team, actually. Clint is great with languages and surprisingly English, Rhodey teaches him math, Vision teaches him history and geography, Wanda helps with social studies and I teach him sciences... Advanced MIT level sciences for that matter."

"Okay... alright."

"Pete wants me to go, so, see you tomorrow."

"See ya..."