Recordings

I miss you so much, jagiya. It's been months since I last saw you, and I can bet that you've gotten even prettier since then. How are you feeling?

Keeping up with baby me? Heheh, I can't wait to meet our child when I get back home. To you.

I love you so much, you're my light, my shining star that leads me throughout the battle. Whenever the world feels hopeless, you pop into my head, and then suddenly I have something to fight for!

I miss our everyday life, just cuddling eachother, sharing a few kisses here and there, maybe go out on a date.

Remember our first encounter? I was in such a hurry that I didn't notice you. Crash, bam, whoopsie daisy, next thing we knew we were on the ground.

I apologized over and over again, you didn't mind at all, even though I had spilled my coffee on your sweater. When I first got a good look on your face, I was so stunned by your beauty that I asked you out right then and there.

I probably shouldn't have done that, since I scared you away. But a couple days later, who was the one to walk up to me and accept it? That's right, it was you, my love.

First kiss, oh man, where do I even begin?

You were such a teaser, always seducing me with your sultry eyes and kisses on the cheek or neck. I swear, you could punch me and I wouldn't be mad.

I never regretted marrying you at all. Remember that day, our wedding? You wore that stunning gown, the white veil covering your beautiful mole on your cheek. The lace that ran down your arms to your slim hands which held the gorgeous flowers...

Oh... I remember that day clearly. My jaw had a firm resting spot on the ground, my eyes as wide as saucers with my family loudly giggling in the background.

What shall we name our baby? I'm sure she will be as beautiful as you, or if it is a boy then he'll clearly be as handsome as me! N-not that I'm bragging or anything!

Back to the names, what about Mykni if it's a girl? I've always liked that name.

Boy names, yeah that's a tough one. I'm rooting for a girl just so you know!

Maybe, I dunno... Ki-nam... Yeah, that's nice. Ki-nam....

...

I'm sorry that I had to leave, that's how it is in the army. North Korea is being a pain in the ass...

In a couple of minutes I'm heading back to the battlefield, back to the bloodstained grass, explosions and the screams of pain whenever my comrads go down, one by one....

I hope I'll see you soon, jagiya... I love you... so much...

You pressed the off button on the recorder.

Baby Ki-nam stared at you in confusion, at your bloodshot eyes swimming in tears.

I never came home.