chapter three

r a v e n
point of view

before we know it, there's a sign that says the next exit is vegas, and sure enough, doug exits the freeway.

we pull up to valet and give them the keys. we walk up the steps as two girls are walking out and phil turns around and watches them as they walk.

"that's what i'm talkin about" he says and opens the door as we all walk in.

we walk up to the front desk and i see a beautiful lady and her name tag says her name is 'lisa'.

"hi welcome to caesars" lisa greets.

"hello" stu replies.

"checking in?" "we have a reservation for dr price" stu answers and she begins typing on her keyboard.

"dr price? stu, you're a dentist, okay? don't try and bet all fancy" phil remarks.

"don't be a dick" i say hitting phil's chest.

"it's not fancy if it's true" stu says smiling at lisa.

"stu, i'm more of a doctor than you. i'm a registered nurse" i say and watch his face fall.

"yeah so uh if someone has a heart attack call the pretty lady, not the dentist" phil says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"we'll be sure to do that" she says giving a half smile.

"can i ask you a question," alan pipes up from the far right.

"do you know if the hotels pager friendly?" alan asks holding up his pager.

you're joking right? those things are literally from when we were kids. no one uses them now.

"what do you mean?" she asks alan confused.

"is there a payphone bank? bunch of payphones? business." he replies back.

"uhm there's a phone in your room" she says still confused on the whole manner.

"that'll work" alan says satisfied.

"so i have you in a two bedroom suite on the twevlth floor, is that okay?" she asks looking at us all.

"it sounds perfect" doug replies.

"actually, i was wondering if you had any villas available?" phil asks in a serious tone.

"we're not even going to be in the room" "yeah phil, it's unnecessary" stu chimes in.

"its no big deal, we can share beds for one night" doug replies.

"yeah no. i'm sure as hell not sharing a bed with any of you. eh maybe phil." i say grabbing onto his arm.

"uh no, if we're sharing beds i'm bunking with phil. you good with that?" alan says to phil.

"no i'm not. only person i'd share a bed with is raven," he says rubbing my arm that's holding onto him.

"what are we, 12 years old? lisa i apologize, how much is the villa?" phil adds.

"well, we have one villa available and it's 4200 for the night" lisa says looking at us.

"is it awesome?" "its pretty awesome" she says smiling.

"we'll take it. give her your credit card" phil says to stu.

"i can't give her my credit card. melissa checks my statements." stu says getting shaky.

"i'll split it with you stu" i say while digging through my purse.

"nuh uh honey" phil says and stops me from digging through my purse.

"we just need a card on file. we won't charge you till you check out, so you can figure it out then" she says and stu hesitantly hands her his card.

"can i ask you another question" alan asks as we're about to walk away.

"sure" lisa replies, probably done with his shit.

"this isn't the real caesars palace, is it?" alan asks and i me tally face palm at his stupidness.

"what do you mean?" she asks trying not to crack a laugh.

alan looks over at us as we all look at him in disbelief. his face shows that he knows he asked a dumb question.

"did caesar live here?" he repeats looking back at lisa.

"um, no" lisa replies smiling.

"didn't think so" alan says looking around trying not to make eye contact.

we walk away from the desk and head to the elevators. i push the button and step back with the boys. the elevator dings and opens up.

we all step inside and push the villa level floor, the top one. no one goes in with us so it's just us.

after what feels like minutes, the doors open to the floor. we go to our room and i slide the key in, opening the door.

the view was breathtaking.

"holy shit" i say laughing and looking around.

"now this, is vegas" phil says following me over to the window.