Behind The Scenes: Extra II

From Behind The Scenes© Series

Extra II: Selfish

°°°
The issue between
Yoongi and Jungkook
over Taehyung's dating

°°°

Min Yoongi has always consider himself to be a collected person. Someone rational capable of differentiating right from wrong, objectivity from subjectivity and thoughts from feelings. He had always prided himself on being able to look at things with clarity, to distinguish rumors from facts and to give a matter proper disclosure after some heavy thinking. This trait of him, Yoongi thought, was the one that made the most of him. He didn't like confrontations, he didn't like to create a storm in glass of water. If something was wrong, he would straight up address it either directly with the person involved or with someone who would listen and understand. This latter scenario happening a lot over the course of his career as an idol. It was always hard to control what was said about them, after all.

Yoongi has never thought of this side of his personality as a bad thing, in fact he would say it was one of his best qualities. That is exactly why he never thought he would be hating this particular remark about him anytime soon, but like several previous times in his life, right now he was being proven deadly wrong...

Yoongi hadn't expected much from the meeting Jin and Taehyung had called on upon. He already knew what his two members wanted to discuss. Seokjin had told him everything during their trip to the seaside where they had filmed the music video for Euphoria. He won't say he was not surprised, he had known of Jin's crush on Namjoon for a long time, so when the oldest confessed that he had found love in someone else- that someone else being no other than Taehyung- Yoongi felt both shocked and a bit concerned. He had been glad for Jin, he wanted nothing but the best for his only hyung. The one who had supported him in everything he had attempted and the one who had not only been the first to say that he was happy about him and Jungkook being together but who had also defended them from the crazy ideas Namjoon had gotten to get them to separate. Yoongi had also been glad for Taehyung, he also wanted him to be as happy as he could be. Even if their relationship was not exactly the best one in Bangtan, he would never deny the immense amount of love he felt for his dongsaeng. Even if he hadn't imagined Jin and Tae ever developing those kind of feelings for each other, he felt absolutely happy for both of them. He would support them, not only because he had to return what Jin had done for him but also because he genuinely wanted to do so. He knew it was a complicated situation, much like his and Jungkook's own. But if they had overcome the difficulties, so would Jin and Tae, or at least that is what he hoped.

Yoongi thought his presence in this particular meeting was worthless. He already knew what it was about and he already knew his stand on the matter. He was also feeling quite sleepy, it was not that late but as always his day had been fully packed. He wanted and needed to rest. When he took a seat at the table he had hoped for the meeting to not last long and for Namjoon not to create too much trouble over the news so that he could go to bed with Jungkook- to sleep that is.

All in all, he had thought that if there was to be a problem during the meeting, it would be created by the group's leader. He had definitely not been anticipating Jungkook to be the cause of his current ill feelings...

Besides the obvious fact that Taehyung was about to pass out from the nerves, everything had been going alright until Seokjin had finally revealed that they were dating. The tension arose with their silence, everyone expecting a reaction. It was in the few moments it took for Namjoon to speak that Yoongi had noticed Jungkook leaving the loose thread of his shirt- with which he had been playing with- and fixing his eyes on Taehyung. A questioning, kind of defiant look in his eyes. Yoongi was not sure what to make of it, but he knew his boyfriend all too well to see that he was not pleased. By the time Namjoon finally spoke, asking if the six members had had made a sort of agreement on getting together, Jungkook's eyes had turned a bit glassy, barely blinking, his gaze still fixated on Taehyung. That was when Yoongi had started to feel uncomfortable. A feeling that hadn't stopped until now.