Behind The Scenes: Extra III

From Behind The Scenes© Series

Extra III: Partners In Crime

°°°

Jihope and Taejin
Valentine's Day

°°°

[February 2019]

Vacation is something Bangtan knows very little of. Specially for the past year, free time had become as much of a luxury as sleeping well was. That is probably why Taehyung now finds himself bored to the core as he skips through channels in a weak attempt of finding something to watch. Stopping briefly in some news program that is talking about them as the 'next generation leaders' Taehyung watches with a blank face. The reporter says nothing that he hasn't heard before.

So he starts to change channels again. Not even sure of what he wants to find. "Just leave it at one channel, Jeez!" Jimin complains from the other side of the living room. Taehyung hadn't even noticed his bandmate's presence there and while it is not unwelcomed, he is not particularly appreciative of the tone Jimin had spoken to him with. "You find something then!" Tae tells him, throwing the remote at him all the way from where he sat. Jimin catches it with a stone face and sets it aside, he is clearly upset about something.

"Grow up!" Jimin spits bitterly, giving Taehyung one of those trademarked death glares before standing up. "I'm your age!" Tae counters but Jimin doesn't spare him a second glance before disappearing into the bedroom area of the dorm. Taehyung sighs, as much as he wants to just stay here and find something to watch, his best friend instinct gets into action and forces him to get up. Following Jimin, who is now in his bedroom. Laying on his front with his head buried on a pillow.

Tae has known Jimin for over eight years and he has seen this exact scene multiple times. He knows that there is something making Jimin angry. He doesn't know what though. His release of Promise had been hugely successful, there were no immediate schedules right now. Except for their upcoming concert in Japan. They were currently preparing for a comeback in spring, they would go to the Grammy's soon, the air was pretty calm. Which means that the only thing that could possibly be bothering Jimin has to do with his relationship with Hoseok. Tae takes a deep breath and climbs next to his friend. "What's wrong?" he asks, setting a hand around Chim's waist. Jimin, however, turns around so that his back is facing Taehyung.

Having known each other for over eight years, Jimin must've known that wouldn't stop Tae. Of course it would not. And so Tae moves over Jimin to the other side, positioning himself so that they are facing each other again. "Jiminie...what is it?" Taehyung insists, tilting his head a little while making a funny face that earns him a soft smile from his best friend. Once again Tae hugs Jimin's waist hearing as the other lets out a huge exhale. "I'm just irritable" Jimin replies with a soft roll of his eyes. "Why?" Jimin's cheeks become a bit rosy. "Promise not to laugh?" Tae moves his head from right to left. Locking his gaze with Jimin's as if pushing him to talk. Taehyung knows, probably more than anyone, that being silent when something is wrong is never a good decision to make.

"And promise you will not freak out?" Jimin asks, the paint in his cheeks becoming darker. Taehyung moves his head in denial again. "Cmon, ChimChim! We tell each other everything!" Jimin nods, once again exhaling a deep breath making Taehyung think that this is probably something bigger than what he was expecting. "Well...you know how we are preparing for the album, right?" Tae nods "Yes, of course. Are you stressed out about it?" he asks, wondering if Jimin has already started to doubt himself. He never stopped altogether but it usually takes for them to start recording for Jimin to start having breakdowns. "Well no, not yet- is just..." he starts, biting on his bottom lip with deep hesitation. "Juuust?" Taehyung presses further.