Spying on a Friend

Hey guys, new chapter. Sorry it's kinda short, and pretty terrible. Enjoy the chapter. 😉

Nya knew spying was wrong. It was an invasion of privacy and just plain rude, and spying on one of her friends was even worse. Yet, here she was, sitting in the movie theater, watching Jay and Emily from afar with her brother.

After hearing that Jay was going to the movies with Emily yesterday, she convinced Kai to help her keep an eye on them. Not that he had a choice, since he had to do what his sister said thanks to the bet they made.

They were both wearing disguises so Jay wouldn't recognize them. Nya was wearing a blonde wig, red glasses, a red t-shirt, and black leggings. Kai was wearing a red hoodie, jeans, and a red cap to cover his spiky hair.

They sat about six rows behind Jay and Emily, and Nya was trying to hear what they were whispering."Come on, speak up." Nya whispered, mostly to herself.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." Kai whispered, eating a little bit of his popcorn. Nya gave him what her call her "death stare" and continued to try to listen to what Jay and Emily were whispering to each other.

Kai just shook his head. He knew that Nya was jealous of Emily and wanted to get Jay away from her. If only she would listen to him and just admit that she's jealous.

The movie playing was a Fritz Donnegan movie, which had been released months ago, so there wasn't a big crowd of people watching it today. The only people in the theater were Emily, Jay, Kai, Nya, and three little kids and two parents.

"Can you make out what they're say?" Nya asked Kai.

Kai sighed and whispered, "No, I can't hear a word they're saying, so maybe we should just go."

"No, we are staying here to keep watch on them." Nya whispered yelled at him, and leaned out of her seat to try and hear what Emily was saying to Jay.

Kai really didn't want to take part in spying on Jay. It was wrong, and he wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for that stupid bet. He would just sit back, enjoy his popcorn, and watch the movie. And try to make sure his sister didn't try to ruin Jay's date.

Nya then grabbed Kai's arm and whispered, "I have a plan. Go close enough to Jay to put this near him." She held a small device, that Kai instantly recognized. It was a listen device that Nya had made a few years ago.

Kai, reluctantly, got up and walked a row behind Jay and Emily. He put the device on the back of Jay's chair and walked back to his seat.

Nya pulled out another small device, slightly larger than the other one, and listened in on the conversation between Jay and Emily.

"This is a really great movie." Emily whispered to Jay.

"Yeah, I'm really glad you invited me to go with you." Jay whispered back to her.

"Me too." Emily said. Nya frown when she said this.

"So, did you like my friends?" Jay asked.

"Yeah, they were all really nice, especially Nya." Emily said. Kai smirked at his sister and Nya's frown deepened.

The rest of the movie was mostly silent. They did say a few things about the movie, but didn't talk about anything else. Once the movie was over, Kai and Nya followed Emily and Jay outside.

"I had a really nice time. I hope we can do it again sometime." Emily said, blushing.

"Me too, I'll see you later." Jay said. He then turned to walk away. Emily walked in the opposite direction he was going, which gave Nya as idea.

"I'm going to follow Emily, don't tell anyone." She said to Kai, then followed Emily at a distance.

Kai just stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do. "My sister has a problem," Kai said to himself. "And I'm going to help her." He then walked away.