Chapter II. The Past

I sat upon my throne. Many would say that my throne room was in shambles. A massive hole in the wall, a huge rusty brass cog on the floor, broken bits of debris on the ground from old plastered walls. But what I saw, was time. Time slowly making changes to the world, making tiny stories around us. The cog? That was when I first unlocked my powers and accidentally shot down one of the cogs from the massive clock that makes up the centre piece of my castle. To many who knew of me, my castle was basically a massive clock tower in space. But I saw it as home, it was everything I had. Well except for Janus and my people.

"Queen Y/N. I had received word from the head guard that another riot has taken place in Regulus Square. Leon was taken in for questioning. It doesn't seem like he is the one causing this hatred towards the crown. But he is the 12th Zodia person we've taken in for questioning in the past two weeks." Janus, my right hand, had spoken once he had bowed his head towards me. 

Janus has been with my family for as long as I can remember. Even after my parents' death, he still remained loyally by my side since my coronation. The Zodia were known to be some of the higher ups in my kingdom, similar to Lords and Lady's, but in my Kingdom everyone except for me was treated equally, why me? I rule the kingdom, I tend to the law and make decisions, but I take care of myself, I don't need a maid to clean my room. Anyway, the Zodia were the heads of different divisions and report to me if there were any issues. Leon was the head of the military, which means this matter greatly concerned me.

"I knew this would happen..." I sighed tiredly, brushing a strand of my H/C hair behind my ear. My hair messily tied up in a bun (or down if your hair is short) as I didn't have the energy to bother with my appearance for today.

"Another one of your dreams, your Majesty? You know, the last time you had this many dreams was a week before your parents died... Are you sure your powers aren't trying to tell you something? You are the Queen of Space... And Time, seeing as that was the previous Queen's title before she married the King.... Maybe your powers are giving you a warning? Maybe you shouldn't trust anyone for the time being." Janus spoke as he walked up beside my throne, taking his place beside me.

I sat there for a moment thinking. My dreams... They always started with my kingdom aflame, my people revolting against me, my people storming the castle, although they never reached the throne room... Someone would always get there before them, this person seemed like someone I knew, but before I knew it the scene would change to the events that would unfold the next day, I knew this because Janus would report to me the events of the day and despite me not being there to see it myself, I already knew exactly what happened because of my dreams... Everyday was a constant sense of Deja vu.

"It's possible... But I don't want to rely on these dreams. My powers haven't always been right, time isn't fixed. Time is a little wibbly wobbly. You know this. So for the time being, we'll see how things go. We may find the person for the cause of these rumours about me soon and prevent that future from my dreams from happening" I smiled up at Janus while he gave me a sad smile in return, an emotion flashed within his cerulean eyes before it quickly disappeared as he cleared his throat.

"Anyway, I should go and make sure the guards continue the investigation. I'll be back soon, my Queen" He bowed before he made his way out. My mind plagued with thoughts of the events that took place in the past two weeks... Only one Zodia remained, the forbidden Zodia. She wasn't really considered one and she wasn't seen at any of the riots. But her fellow Zodia led these riots for the past 12 days... It wouldn't hurt to bring her in for questioning would it?... Actually, why hasn't she been brought in for questioning? Why wasn't the other Zodia brought in when the pattern was first realised? Something isn't adding up...

And I intend to find out the missing piece of the equation...

*~.*.~* Time Skip *~.*.~*

The next morning I waited on my throne. I knew already that another riot occurred today and that Ophi, the forbidden Zodia, head of medicine, would be brought in because she led the riot today, but it's not her. No.