Chapter VI. A Queens Rage

When my eyes had finally opened, a bright flash and bang occurred causing me to instantly shut my eyes. I could hear loud shouts from somewhere above me and pounding footsteps running down stairs.

I begun to panic as I blindly climb out of what I assumed was a bed and run forward to a wall. I followed the pull of my heart, a strong pulse of power I could sense and moved my hand quickly to my right where in a corner my staff leant against, grabbing my staff I quickly turned with enough time to point the end of staff in the direction where I heard a door open and several voices accompanied by hesitant foot steps.

"W-Woah... Put the magic staff down. We don't want to hurt you. We just heard a loud nois- Oh. There seems to be a dent in the ceiling. Lucinda, Zoey?" An unknown female spoke kindly as I continued to point my staff where I assumed the people were, pointing at a new source of noise whenever I heard someone move or speak.

"Well... I'm not entirely sure. May have been from the barrier dispelling which caused the excess energy to shoot outwards... You know more about barrier magicks, does that sound about right?" Another female spoke who had a mature smooth voice.

Once the 3rd lady spoke, I assumed the second went by the name Lucinda and that the third was this 'Zoey'. "Yes Lucinda, that does sound plausible. Especially as it seems as though she didn't even summon for the barrier or had any control over it. She was unconscious." I was getting extremely frustrated with not being able to see and so I tried to open my eyes but adjusting to the light hurt and it seems I had gotten dust in my eyes from the apparent 'dent' I made.

"Ow ow ow... ah.. ow ow..." I dropped my staff and held my hands over my eyes as they watered and remained tightly shut. I could hear a voice of concern from in front of me and a couple of footsteps but I quickly threw my hand out in front of me.

"No! Stop! Stay where you are! How can I trust someone I can't even see or know?!"

I've been betrayed once. I didn't want to trust these people. They might be followers of the Shadow Lord.

(Shadow auto corrected to Shadie. XD )

"Someone you thought you knew betrayed you, correct?" A soft but rough male voice had spoken then and I froze.

"Malachi!"

"Sorry Mom. She seemed to have had a few nightmares over the week she's been unconscious. I couldn't help but be curious so I found out last night... But I know why she was falling."

A week... I've been out for a week.

In the time I was frozen in shock, I didn't even notice my arms had dropped limply by my sides or the smooth wet trails moving down along the curve of my face, and that my E/C eyes were open for them all to see.

I didn't even notice the short, long black haired women had escorted everyone out and had taken my hands, moving me towards the bed and sat me down.

When I had finally snapped out of my state of shock and recollections of the events that occurred before my falling, my watery orbs locked with her brown orbs before a gasp of shock parted my lips.

My right iris glowed gold as I stared at her, looking through the female's past. "Irene... No... Irene lost her humanity... But you are Irene, you have her presence and her relic. But you don't have her memories do you, Lady Aphmau? My apologies for not introducing myself, I am Y/N"

Aphmau gave a gasp of surprise before giving a knowing smile and nodding. "Yes, you are correct. I assume you knew Irene well then, Y/N."

I gave a small chuckle and a nod of my head before thinking back to the past five minutes with a grimace. I was a queen! I was essentially thousands of years old with knowledge well beyond my years and yet I let my guard down, being vulnerable in front of people I didn't even know! I know I'm only 25 years old, but when you decide to stop time to spend several years reading your entire library because you're an immortal who stopped aging at the age of 23, and those several years only feel like a second for everyone else, then yes, you would stop time too. But still, I'm a ruler! I should be strong and powerful! A master of all the spells I can master! A powerful queen upon... My... Throne....