R O B B E R Y

Calum entered the long and empty alleyway. He knew he was running late. How did 'a few minutes of smoking outside' become sending some girl called Y/N home? he thought. The familiar run-down building stood in front of him. The windows were shattered open, some fragments of glass left intact. The graffiti on the walls triggered memories filling his mind.

Wasting no more time, he ran into the front entrance, nearly knocking down the creaky doors. The gang was standing around, laughing among themselves about a joke. Calum joined them, not bothering to apologise for being late.

The run-down building was what Calum called his 'second home'. All his friends, or rather his gang, hung out here. It wasn't glamorous, that's for sure. But, they've gotten to use the concrete floors, immense amounts of graffiti, smashed windows and dusty corners.

The gang leader, Luke walked down the stairs with a roll of paper squished in his hand. He snapped his fingers as he approached a metal counter. The rest of the gang crowded around him as he rolled the paper out, smoothening it out.

He didn't wait for everyone to look at what was on the paper. He went straight in with the details. "Okay, Michael is the get-away driver. The rest of us will be robbing the bank. Simple enough?" Luke explained, examining a map of the bank just two blocks away.

"And how exactly are we going to pull that off when it's three in the afternoon?" Ashton asked, folding his arms, leather jacket creasing.

Luke closed his eyes, smirking. He nodded repeatedly, reaching for something under the countertop. He stood straight, a black bag clutched in his fist.

"Disguises."

◧ ◨ ◩ ◪

"Why isn't Ashton wearing a disguise? The rest of us look ridiculous," Courtney brought up, fidgeting in her itchy flaming-red wig.

"Yeah, you look really ridiculous," Michael snarled, laughing to himself. Courtney kicked his seat with force after getting the handbag with all their tools from under it.

"He's the distraction. Ash, the bank tellers are bored out of their minds. The cops are all out on lunch break and there aren't many customers around this time, so do something that will get them all focused on you," Luke reminded, not phased by his 'Dad' outfit.

"So, I'm playing a teenager who just got his birthday money and wants to keep it in his bank account. What bank account number do I give them?" Calum asked, fiddling with his snapback.

"I told you," Luke whined, rubbing his temples frustratedly. "By the time your number pops up, Ashton would be distracting everyone. The three of us will sneak towards the safes."

They pulled up at an alley near the bank. Courtney and Luke got out of the car which was conveniently stowed away from anyone's view. 

"Here's your fake IDs, just in case. Oh yeah, Mikey, you need to cut the cameras as soon as possible. You can do that from your laptop in the car, right?" Luke asked nervously from outside the car.

Michael nodded slowly, eyes darting to the rear mirror.

"I'll park right outside the back door," Michael announced before Luke and Courtney walked out of the narrow street and towards the bank.

"You have to hold my hand, Court! It would sell it more," Luke scolded, eyes wide.

Courtney groaned before roughly slamming her hand in Luke's. "Thank you," he mumbled, interlacing their fingers together hesitantly. He was smiling brightly at the tired-looking clerk while Courtney greeted her with a fake accent, crushing Luke's hand beneath her view.