D A M N

Calum entered his penthouse, surprised to see some lights still switched on. He peeked at the couch, but there was no sign of you. He hanged his leather jacket on his coat rack before slipping off his shoes. He walked to the bedroom, creaking the ajar door fully open. You were still awake, sitting in the bed while on your phone. He walked into the room, taking his shirt off and changing into some sweatpants.

"Still awake, darling?" he muttered, sliding under the thick covers. You switched your gaze to him, slowly nodding. He reached over to you, kissing you on the forehead. You yawned, laying down in his lap. His fingers tangled themselves in your hair, combing through it delicately. At the same time, he reached for the remote control and surfed through the channels.

"Where did Luke take you?" you asked the only question that was roaming in your head the whole time you stayed awake to wait for him.

"We met Brian at the club and-"

"You went to the club?!" you repeated, sitting up from your position. You looked back at him, eyebrows furrowed. His whole demeanour changed and he sat up straight against the headboard.

There was a deafening silence before he mumbled a quiet, "Yeah, we were at the club

There was a deafening silence before he mumbled a quiet, "Yeah, we were at the club." You felt the anger and frustration from the night finally kick in and you lashed the feelings out at him. "I was staying up all night for you to come home because you said you would be back soon, but now I hear that you were in the club?"

"It's not like that-"

"While I was alone in the house, you were drinking with girls in the club?" you screamed, not caring if you were waking up the neighbours. You got up from the bed, feeling sick to your stomach. 

You walked out of the room, head spinning. "I can't believe it! I dropped everything for you, Calum!" Your breath quickened and your hands were shaky. Calum caught up with you before wrapping his hands around your wrists, forcing you to calm down. His forehead was against yours with his eyes staring intently into yours. You hadn't even realised that a fat droplet of your tears had escaped your eyes. You sniffled, looking down at your hands.

"What's wrong?" he whispered, intertwining his fingers with yours. You looked up at him through your tears, struggling to say anything. "It's just Luke," you choked out. Calum's heart broke at what you had said. He stayed silent, not knowing what to say in response.

He took your hand and led you to the couch. "Talk to me. Tell me what's on your mind, Y/N." 

The hours of the night went by very quickly. You had confessed everything you were experiencing while Calum sat in front of you, nodding every now and then. 

"I know he's basically your brother, but he hates me! He knows that I'm not like you guys. I've never stolen, heck I've never even drunk beer before meeting you guys!"

He interrupted you with a kiss. His warm lips felt different from your cold ones. His hands were caressing your cheek, kissing you with all his might. He backed away, looking intently in your eyes. "I love you and I don't give a damn about what anyone else has to say about it." 

You sighed, eyes falling to your hands again. "Hey, I mean it. You are my everything," he admitted, looking deeply in your eyes. You kept your gaze with him as he wiped your tears away. Both of you sat there in comfortable silence. 

"Y-you know I wouldn't cheat on you, right?" he stuttered slowly, breaking the silence. 

You looked up at him, wanting to agree with him so badly. But you couldn't just ignore the voice at the back of your head that reminded you how the both of you were so different. Too different almost. 

"I'm here, love. For good," he muttered, snapping you out of your thoughts. You nodded slowly, falling into his arms.