N I G H T O U T

"Are you done?" Calum asked for the millionth time, looking around suspiciously.

"Calm your packs. My parents are at some meeting that I already know they're gonna f-"

The sound of the door unlocking made your throat dry. Calum looked at you with wide eyes. The both of you looked around feverishly for some sort of escape for Calum. You could hear the footsteps coming nearer and nearer to the door.

Mum and Dad grew curious when nobody answered after they called your name out loud. Where could Y/N possibly be? It was way after her last class that day. They rushed towards your room, worried sick for their daughter.

Mum grasped for the knob, twisting it as if her life depended on it. She barged in, Dad following behind her. They saw you sitting on the edge of your bed, smiling at them with the biggest smile.

"Hi, Mum and Dad! Back so early?" you blurted, your heart pumping rapidly.

They nodded slowly, wiggly lines on their foreheads. They looked around for any hint as to why you were acting really weird.

"Yeah, they weren't impressed," Mum said quite defeatedly.

"So, we're going to try again tomorrow with other companies," Dad interjected, sounding brighter than Mum, as always.

You peeked at the red flannel sticking out from under your bed. You widened your eyes, looking back up at Dad who was still convincing himself that he 'could feel that they were going to get their big break'.

When Dad stopped rambling, you mumbled to them, "You know what they-" You slowly placed your heel on the end of Calum's flannel. "-say. 'There's always-" You pushed it back under your bed until it was out of sight. "-Tomorrow!' " you continued.

You laughed awkwardly when they looked at you closely. When they finally made their way out of your room, you darted to the door and shut it tight.

Calum army-crawled out under your bed. You let out a sigh of relief. He got up and whisper-shouted, "How the hell are we going to get out now?!" You bit your lip, not really knowing either.

"Calm down! It's just my parents," you reasoned. 

"Exactly, it's your parents," he repeated. 

You've never seen him so flustered before and all of it was over your parents. You didn't understand why he could literally sneak his way into a theatre but not handle being in the same room with your parents. 

Calum was freaking out. How dare he let Y/N bare the consequences of her parents seeing him with their daughter. It's the Y/L/N family. They must be nuts about keeping their daughter away from trouble. More specifically, away from someone like him. He'd be crazy to put Y/N in so much trouble. 

You opened the door a tiny bit, peeping out. Mum was in the kitchen, cooking up dinner. Dad was probably taking a shower. You closed it again, an idea forming in your scattered mind.

"I'll tell Mum that I'm going to the mall and will be staying over at Keira's house while you get out of the house."

He nodded, understanding your plan. You took your clutch and took a deep breath before opening the door yet again. You looked towards your parents' bedroom for your Dad. The door was still closed. You slowly slipped out without any sound, Calum sneaking behind you very closely.

The both of you shuffled towards the kitchen. You took a turn into the kitchen, seeing Mum facing the wrong way - The direction where you can see Calum sneaking out. You walked to the fridge and called for her, indirectly forcing her to face the other way.