Pyramid

Abby walked in, and sighed. She went over to the pyramid and stood there. 'Girls, I don't even want to talk about the group. It was a mess. You looked sloppy and lazy, and it was very disappointed.' I could see Christi frowning. 'But Abby, if they were that bad, why were they first overall?' She pointed out. Abby rolled her eyes and didn't even answer her. 'Okay girls. Pyramid. On the bottom, Maddie. You fell over on stage, and ran off. Your mother says you weren't hurt. If you weren't hurt, you should have STAYED OUT THERE! Running off was incredibly unprofessional.' She snapped. 'Next, we have Kendall. Kendall, I put Nia in the duet to challenge her. But you were the one letting it down! Second? I don't do second. Next, we have Amber.' A girl smaller than Kenzie ran in, joining the line. Miss Abby smiled. 'Welcome to the team Amber. I put you here because I remember you stood out to me from the second you walked in. Well done. Next, we have.... The new Paige!' Abby smirked. 'Paige is an outstanding dancer who I picked from the audition. She is 11 years old, and will be here for rehearsal tomorrow. And next.... Nia! You did a good job in the duet, Kendall let you down. And you were excellent in the group. And on top of the pyramid.... Chloe! You came first overall in your division! That hasn't happened in a while, but you deserved it.' Abby faced us all, to give us the routines. 'The group this week is a creepy, dark number. It's called: Music Box. You need to be clean and crisp. Maddie, no solo this week. Chloe, you have a lyrical solo called Why Don't You Love Me. And Amber, you will be doing a solo called Voices. You will also be doing a trio with Paige and Nia.' Abby then dismissed the moms and got us warming up. Amber was really good. I asked her how old she was, and she was 9. I felt angry that Abby had replaced Paige with 'the new Paige. First it was the new Chloe, now a new Paige. And Amber was the new Kenzie. Why couldn't we just be the same old team again?