Pietro Maximoff #1 : Crush

Hi ! Here is a Pietro Maximoff one-shot ! But I'm trying to get back to it so I hope you'll like this little piece of writing. Don't hesitate to let me know what you think, I love getting feedback from you ! I'll leave you to it now...

Warning : no smut but things might get a bit hot (nothing really sexual though) so if it makes you uncomfortable, you are now warned ! The gif is not mine !

"Oh, Y/N ! There you are !" a voice instantly greeted you as you entered the Avengers living room.

You were just coming back from a meeting with Director Fury when you found your team having a drink at the tower. They had apparently been here a while already, judging by the empty glasses and bottles on the table and the laughs echoing in the room. You adressed a small wave to Natasha, who had seen you coming in, as the rest of the team greeted you warmly.

There were the usuals. Tony, Steve, Clint, Natasha, Vision, Wanda, Bruce... And of course, Pietro Maximoff, who had recovered from his wounds a while back after saving Clint's life and nearly getting himself killed. Hadn't it been for you, he would have been dead and buried at the moment. Fortunately, you had been able to distract the shooters in time, and the bullets had only grazed him for the most part.

Now, less fortunately, what you'd never dare to admit out loud was that you had developed quite the crush on the Sokovian over the past few weeks. And the fact that he was always sending you those smug smirks and winks wasn't helping. What was his deal exactly ? Anyway, you would die before you let anyone know about that, you would never hear the end of it. Well, except for Natasha, of course. That woman saw everything, you couldn't possibly hide anything from her. So, of course, she knew and she never missed an opportunity to try and embarrass you. And tonight was no different.

"Y/N, come sit with us!" She called out with a knowing grin. "We were just about to play a game..."

You sighed as the rest of the team continued to chat among each other. As you were considering joining them, you caught Pietro's gaze fixed on you. He wasn't taking part in any conversation and you felt your heartbeat accelerate when you saw the intensity of his stare. It wasn't a creepy or inappropriate kind of stare like you sometimes got from other guys, it was more like he was testing who would look away first. You did.

"Sorry Nat, I'm kinda tired. I think I'm just gonna chill in my room for a bit..."

"Are you sure you don't want a little game of truth or dare first ?"

"Not a chance !" You scoffed, knowing full well where this was leading.

"Party pooper !" Tony exclaimed above his shoulder and a glass in his hand.

You ignored him as Natasha's expression became more and more mischievous. "What ?" She continued. "Afraid I'll make you tell us who your crush is ?"

A few whistles rose from the couches at her comment and you shook your head. "Goodnight everyone !" You simply said as you walked away towards your bedroom, eager to put an end to this conversation.

You closed the door behind you with a relieved sigh. You went to the shelf on the opposite wall. It was your favourite part of the small but cosy room, because it contained all of your books, your most valuable possessions. You picked one up and ran a hand over the cover. Pretty...

A knock on your door interrupted your thoughts, and you put the book down before going to open it. Your eyes widened slightly when you saw who had come to you, but you tried not to let it show too much. "Pietro ! Hi...what uh... What are you doing here ?" You asked, your voice shaking slightly.