Chapter 5 - Mate What

"What do you mean mate? I knew when you said that the other day it didn't mean friend!" she shouted. I was confused on how she was handling this so well.

"Becca, how aren't you freaked out. Have you known about me or my kind of people?" I questioned.

"Remember how I said my family was crazy, well part of them are like you. My grandfather's pack didn't like him being with my grandmother because she wasn't like them, so he left the pack. My grandfather didn't want anyone else in the family dealing with that life. After they had my dad, they tried to make sure he did not meet anyone like his family. I didn't know anything except the story of it," Becca said and my jam dropped.

"So, there's a chance that you're like me?" I questioned.

"I mean my dad is a mix but he was never truly exposed to it, and my mom isn't" She responded which still left me hopefully.

"I don't care if you are or not. I mean it obviously would be nice, but I don't care," I spoke quickly explaining myself. "Becca, you're my mate."

"What is that?" she asked seeming annoyed since I still haven't answered.

"Yes, I'm sorry. A mate is the person your born to be with. We are connected since birth to be together. Without you, I can never be at my strongest and the same for you. If something was to happen to you-" I paused. "I wouldn't even be able to live."

"How do you know I'm your mate," she said confused still.

"I could smell you. I was drawn to your house because I could smell your scent. When you're like me, once you catch you mates scent, nothing will compare to it. You only get one in your life," I explained. "If you were like me, we would be able to mind link and talk to each other by thought... I would mark you to claim you are my mate and we would then reach our strongest."

"What's marking," She questioned more.

"Marking is painful at first because I have to bite into your neck. After being marked, it is a sensitive spot-" I was cut off before finishing.

"Well duh! After you bit someone that probably happens!" she shouted.

"We would finish the marking by having sex." I finished and her mouth dropped.

She smacked herself in the forehead before saying, "So you're telling me that you want to bite me then fuck me so that you can be strong?!"

"What? No! I was just explaining what it's like for me. I mean we don't even know if it could be for you. Maybe you'll turn after being marked," I explained and she stayed quiet. I was scanning her face to see if I could tell what she was thinking. Her face stayed blank and I was worried.

"Can you take me home? I'm tired." She said and my heart broke.

"Okay," I whispered and walked towards the car. I still opened the door for her and got in after. The drive to her house was quiet, not even the radio was on. Once we pulled up to her house, we just sat there.

"I will call you tomorrow and let you know my decision," she said then kissed my check and ran inside.

***

I drove home, still in silence. I was so confused on how she reacted; it wasn't at all what I imagined. Once I was home, I went straight to my room and fell onto my bed. I fell sleep with the thought of her call me tomorrow.