Chapter 6 - Decision

I hardly slept last night because I was so anxious about what she was going to say. I tossed and turned all night till I finally just went for a run. I ran through the woods and along the borders of my territory until I came across our spot. The cliffs were where I always went to be alone and think, and now it became ours.

After I finished my run, it was barley sun rise so I went home and showered. I tried to keep myself composed as I waited. I never have been big on cellphones, but today it was my best friend. I went to eat before resting in bed for her call.

*RING*

It finally came! I shot up out of me bed and grabbed my phone to answer without even looking to see who it was. "Hello," I spit out.

"Hi, son, how's it going with your mate?" my father's voice rang through the phone. I feel back into my bed and sadness overwhelmed my body. "Son?" he spoke again.

"I thought you were her," I spoke sadly. "I was waiting for her call."

"Oh, I'm sorry my call isn't as exciting," he said with a laugh.

"No, father, she knows- she knows everything. She doesn't understand it all and has more questions, but I showed her my wolf last night," I finished with a sign. The line was quiet and I could let he was probably asking my mother what to say.

"How did she react?" He asked and I could tell that was my mom's question.

"I found out that her grandfather was like us but he left his pack because they didn't like that his mate was a human. He hated our kind since and kept his family away from it. All they know is his past of that. So her father is half and half but was never exposed to it.. Neither was she," I spoke and silence was left.

My father broke the silence by saying, "Okay." That was my father's normal type of response. "How couldn't you tell that she was a mix?" he sounded confused.

"I don't think her body even knows because she's never known it," I mumbled and he replied with a 'ah' which was interrupted by my phone ringing. I looked and saw her name across my screen and blurted out, "She's calling! Bye!" quickly answered, "Hello."

"You sound out of breath," She said with a giggle. Immediately, relief overcame my body at the sound of her voice.

"I was on the phone with my father," I said and she replied with an 'ah'. The phone went silent, neither of us spoke. "So-" I began but she cut me off.

"I want you to show me everything first," She said quickly.

"Show you what and what do you mean first?" I asked confused.

"You know everything like your family, the pack, rules, what you guys do, the history, everything. I want to know what I'm getting myself into before we go any further," She spoke calmly.

"Okay, well when do you want to do that?" I questioned.

"Today, if possible, I mean," she said quietly.

"Yes, of course. I'll be over in ten," I said quickly and she giggled.

"And Zac?" she said before I was about to hang up.

"Yes?"

"I love you too," she said and the call ended. My wolf was howling and I was practically drooling because my jaw dropped. I out on my shoes, grabbed my keys, and ran out the door. I drove faster than normal on the way to her house. I was so excited to see my mate. When I pulled up, I didn't even get to honk before I saw her running out. Today, she wore light jeans that was tight to her legs. She had a black t shirt on and a red jacket to cover her arms. She got in the car quickly and lend over to kiss my cheek before buckling in.