Chapter 14 - Is This Love?

- Love song by 311 -

- Float On by Modest Mouse -

- One day earlier -

Steve - Captain America

"Good to see you, Cap, what brings you by my office today?"

"I'm here to voice my concerns for having two powerful beings in such close proximity for one, the other is where did she come from and what is she?" There's no way that she's human. Enhanced or not. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s back at it hiding secrets, and I don't like having things like that kept from me. Especially, the ones that could potentially end the world or destroy my team.

"There are other more pressing things that you should be worrying about Cap, not those two. If I thought it could become an issue I wouldn't have put them together."

"Put them together? As in living together?" I'm dumbfounded by this, putting the most notorious war criminal on Earth in the same space as a top-level spy. It doesn't make any sense.

"Yes, it's convenient, they're both hidden and secure, with the perks of her keeping tabs on him for me."

"I still don't think it's a good idea. We still don't know if we can trust him in the least bit. I can't get my head around it though, she's just as strong as him, and he packs a wallop, but she's the size of a normal 1940's woman. Fury what exactly is she?"

"A Class 10+, she's not exactly from around here, the same as Loki, but not from the same place as him to put it simply for her safety. She appeared shortly after you went in the ice and has been working for us ever since. It doesn't help having a leak in intel all these years compromising her."

"Wouldn't Loki try to use her against us? Do you have any idea what information was leaked?"

"She's not that easily swayed, I would think it the other way around. She can be very persuasive and not really mean to. Right now though, I need them to learn to work together. You'll need both of them to take down whatever is behind all this, and I need to know that you will have their backs if things take a turn for the worst. We're still working on what information got out, so no, it'll take some time to track down."

"I'm not sure I can do that after watching him lay waste to Manhattan, not to mention I don't know anything about her. Or if I can even trust her."

"Let me ask you this, would you rather trust both of them or fight an army of either or both?"

"I would like to pick neither but I guess I'll have to go with trusting them."

"Good, do your best to keep them on your side and do not make enemies of either. I have the feeling of where one goes the other will follow. If you catch my drift."

"I hope you know what you are doing, but I'll figure out some way of making things work to our advantage."

- Present Day -

Tony

"Mr. Stark are you in here?" Really, what does the kid want this time, he just bummed a crapload of chemicals yesterday, I've got things to get done today.

"Yeah, what is it and make it quick. You're tapped out on chemicals by the way."

"It's not that, I need some help."

"With what?"

"I need to find someone, I was hoping that you could help me."

"Uh.. it depends, I might be able to help you."

"Well, I got caught yesterday by a lady at the elevators as I snapped a picture of her and the guy that she was with. As I was getting off the elevator she asked for a copy, but I don't have a clue who either is. All I know is it's the same two people from the training floor last week that I happened to snap a few shots of."