8

Soyeon's POV

"Mrs.Kang you will be released today at 12pm" my nurse said as she checked her clipboard.

"Really?!" I asked excited.

"Yes. I will get your medical release forms" she said and left.

"Finally I can take you home and cook you the foods you've been craving!" Taeyong said chuckling at my excitement. My phone soon beeped, indicating I got an instant message.

Hello Soyeon, it's me your mother. I was wondering if you can come home tonight and have dinner with your father and I.

That text left me in shock. My parents rarely text me unless it's urgent.

"Are you okay baby?" He asked looking at me worried.

"No. My parents want to see meet me tonight at their place." I said looking at him.

"What's wrong with that?" He asked looking at me.

"They think I should date people from higher classes, hence why I was with Hyungwoo. I used to go to this middle school, but my parents moved me to a more prestigious one cause they thought my friend were bad influences, because I was sent to the principal office due to an incident we didn't occur. That's how I met Minji and Lara." I explained, clinging onto my phone.

"They also controlled how I ate. They thought if I stuff food in my mouth, it'll make a man appeal to me less. If I failed a class they took away all my toys and electronics. That's why I got straights A's. I moved away from them cause I couldn't bare with their rules." I finished as I looked out the window.

"Oh, well I want to meet them!" He announced.

"Are you sure? I mean they're-" I was cut off by a peck.

"I'm sure. Now let's get out of this hospital."

————————

"Taeyong are you ready?" I asked looking at him curiously.

"I'm sure. Now ring the door" he encourage. I ringed our doorbell and the faces of my parents stood.

"Hello Soyeon. I see you brought a friend" mom said as she looked at Taeyong.

"Hello Mr and Mrs.Kang, my name is Taeyong" he introduced as he held out his hand.

"Well come inside it must be freezing soon. Spring is just weeks away" dad said as he made room for us.

"That means we can go on our annual shopping trip on the first day of spring" Mom said as she made her way to the kitchen.

"Oh Soyeon let me get your coat" Taeyong said as he removed the coat from my body.

"Thank you so much" I smiled but my dad just gave him this look.

"Let's sit at the table" I said as I grabbed his wrist and walked straight to the dining room.
————————-

"So Taeyong what do you major in?" Dad asked as he looked at him with a serious tone.

"Oh..I-I major in music" he said as he looked down at his plate, his golden hair hiding his nervous eyes.

"That's nice" my mom mumbled.

"So where is that going to get you in five years?" Dad asked again

"I-I don't know. I'm hoping to be a song writer or a dancer" he answered but my parents laugh at his response.

We ate dinner and I was about to stuff food in my mouth until I heard a cough.

"Sorry" I said in a small voice and ate a little bit.