Unbelievable Meeting

Two p.m. The sun didn’t show itself. Yet the grey clouds scattered around the sky. Looked like it’s going to rain soon.

Skylar sat on her desk. She stared out to the window. It’s been raining these past few days, she thoughts, I wonder how’s mom’s business trip going. She continued staring at the grey sky. Lost in her thoughts.

“Sky!”

“Earth to Skylar.”

Skylar blinked. She looked around and found her friends surround her. “What?” she asked.

“You’re zoning out again,” Dyn said.

“It’s not good, you know,” Ama reminded her friend.

“I know,” that was Skylar’s reply. “So, what is it?”

“Nothing, we just want to hang out,” Forctis replied as he pulled a chair from the closest desk.

“You look lonely,” Kyria said. She hugged Skylar from behind.

Skylar just smiled at her. Lonely.

“What will we have after this break time?” she asked.

“We’ll have PE,” Ama answered.

“I hope it will be cancelled,” Kyria hoped. She took her hand from Skylar’s shoulder and clasped it.

“Why?” Dyn asked.

“Look at the sky! It’s dark, if we have PE while raining, we might be sick,” Kyria replied as she pointed her fingers to the grey sky.

“I don’t see any problem,” Skylar mumbled.

“Me too. Beside, PE is too fun to be cancelled,” Forctis agreed.

“But, what if-“

“Kyria, the cloudy sky doesn’t mean it will always rain, sometimes the sky just stays like that,” Ama stopped Kyria’s whining.

Kyria pouted her lips.

“We better get change now, it will be crowded later,” Dyn said as he got up from his seat. “Let’s go, Forc.”

Both of the guys took their uniforms from their bags. They left to the boys’ change room. Few minutes later, Skylar and her two girls left to the girls’ change room.

***

“So today I’m going to take some scores of your running exercise,” the PE teacher announced.

“What? But, Sir, we haven’t had some practice!” a girl protested.

“You run and walk every day, why do you need some practice?” Skylar asked.

The girl clicked her tongue in annoyance. She focused back to what the teacher are saying.

“You have 12 minutes, and let’s see how far you can run,” the teacher said. “Now, get on the track!”

There are 24 students in the class. They were divided to 4 groups. Each group consists of 6 students. Ama and Dyn were in the first group. Forctis in the second group with Kyria. And Skylar in the last group. Group one got in the track, then group two, and three, and the last group.

After finished her running, Skylar went to the bathroom to wash her face.

“You’re pretty quick for a girl,” the girl from earlier suddenly showed up from the bathroom door. Two girls followed her.

Skylar didn’t look back. She stared at them from the mirror on top of the sink. She splashed some water once again to her face. “Thanks for the compliment,” she said as she turned around. “Caroline, right?”

“We’re in the same class but you don’t know me? I’m hurt,” Caroline said. She put a hand on her chest to show that she was hurt.

“So what? As if I care,” Skylar replied. She walked to leave the bathroom.

Caroline showed a face of disgust and hate. “Lizzy, Saron, block the door,” she commanded to both of her friends.

The two girls quickly obeyed her.

Skylar sighed. “Look, I’m trying to be nice here.”

“Oh yeah?” Saron snickered.

“Just step away of the freaking door,” Skylar snapped.

“You said you were trying to be- “

A loud scream stopped her. Suddenly a sound of gun was heard. After that, screams of fear filled the field.

“What’s happening?” Lizzy asked.

“Move out!” Skylar ran between the girls who blocked the door. She ran as fast as she could to the field. The girls followed her. What she saw later took her in surprise.

The field was almost destroyed. Fire lit up. Smoke filled the air. Many kids were hurt and scared, they were unable to move. Some weird men in black outfit scattered on the field. Guns in their hands. Pointed to anyone near them, ready to leave a hole on their bodies.

Skylar looked around. Dyn, Forctis, Ama, and Kyria weren’t there.

Caroline opened her mouth. She was about to let out a scream. Skylar quickly covered her mouth and dragged her away. Lizzy and Saron followed. They were holding hands in fear. The four girls hid behind some big trees. Caroline, Lizzy, and Saron were already in tears.

“Calm down,” Skylar whispered.

“How could I-“

“Sshhh.” This time, Lizzy and Saron cut Caroline off.

Skylar took a glance to the field that just changed into a battlefield. She put a hand on Lizzy’s shoulder. “Stay here, don’t go anywhere, I’ll be right back,” she said. Lizzy was too scared and confused to say anything, she just nodded her head. Skylar took a breath before running towards the Japanese club’s room. You know what she was planning to do.

“Sky!”

The otaku girl looked up. She saw her friends running towards her. Some katanas- not a real one, just some duplicate, in their hands. At least, the duplicate could help to dodge some enemies. Skylar showed a thin smile, they thought the same.

“Here’s yours!” Forctis threw Skylar’s katana to the owner.

Skylar caught her blue katana. She ran back to the field with her friends. “Ama, Kyria, take everyone to a safe place!” she commanded. Ama and Kyria nodded.

Without any hesitation, Skylar jumped in to the battlefield. She pulled her katana out of its saya. As if she was a real samurai, she swung her sword around in a rhythm. An enemy came up, she managed to dodge them easily. Another one, the katana pierced into its stomach. They’re not humans, she thought. One by one, the enemies fell to the ground.

Suddenly everything around them stopped. The enemies stopped their movements. A breeze of wind passed by. “So, it’s you,” a voice of a man said.

“Who are you?!” Forctis yelled. He looked around the field.

“I’m up here, kid,” the same voice said.

Skylar, Dyn, and Forctis looked up to the sky. A ship was floating in the air. And a man sat on its opened back door. He stared down to the teenagers with a smirk.

“Who are you?!” Forctis asked again. This time, his voice was an octave higher. Anger could be heard from there.

“You don’t need to know,” the man said. Then he looked at Skylar, “It’s nice to finally meet you, Your Highness.”

“What do you mean?” Skylar asked.

The man stood up. He walked in to his ship with a loud laugh. The door closed. The ship flew away.

“What the hell was that?” Forctis asked.

“I don’t know, but we better get back to the others,” said Dyn.