Lost and Found

TRIGGER WARNING : mention of suicide and harsh words

Vechter shuddered. He felt a clod breeze touched his collarbone. Something made him scrunched his face up.

“What’s wrong?” Glavo asked his king.

“I have a bad feeling,” Vechter replied as he ran a hand through his hair.

“About what?” Fascino asked.

“I don’t know,” the king replied in frustration.

“How about we go back now?” Consiliario- or Rio, suggested.

The king nodded his head.

“Come on, Brother,” Fascino put a hand on his stressed-looking twin brother.

The royalty went to their awaiting car and Rio drove it as fast as he could to the house of the princess.

***

The four teenagers ran through the busy city. “Excuse me,” they said as they slipped in between walking people. Some of them yelled at the teenagers and some just brushed it off.

“I have a bad feeling,” Dyn said through his breath.

“Yeah, she seemed a bit off lately,” Forctis agreed.

“Come on, guys! We can’t let anything happen to her!” Kyria picked up her pace.

The fourth of them had a worried look on their face. Their friend looked all okay in the morning, but anything could happen and change everything. They noticed something was up and it was not a good one. Right after their friend ran away, the had a short discussion and chased after her. They were all hoping they weren’t late, because they knew they were already late to realize what would happen next.

“Damn, she’s fast,” Forctis said through his heavy breath.

“That’s her house!” Ama shouted.

They slowed down their pace when they reached the opened front gate.

“Mr. Machitis!” Ama shouted the swordsman name because he was the first person she saw. After that, the king, the prince, and his advisor showed up.

“Oh, hey, Ama! I told you to stop calling me that, that makes me feel old, Glavo is enough,” the swordsman laughed.

“Good afternoon,” Dyn greeted the king and his man.

“Good afternoon,” Fascino greeted back. “It’s rare to see you here without Skylar, where is she?”

“She left early,” Ama answered.

“Oh, yeah?”

“She said she has practice with Glavo,” Kyria said.

“With me?” Glavo asked.

The teenagers nodded their head.

“But, I told her it was cancelled because I have to do something, I didn’t though I came back early, but because I already told her there will be no practice, so there’s no practice,” Glavo explained.

“Is something happened?” the king finally spoke up.

“We don’t really know, but she seemed a bit off lately,” Forctis said.

Consiliario mentioned them to sit on the chair in the veranda. They’ve been standing since they arrived there. The teenagers followed his instruction. “Please explain anything you know,” he said.

“PE was the last lesson today, after that, she told us to go first while she went to the restroom. We took our stuff and went to the cafeteria since we were hungry. Dyn already texted Skylar to come to the cafeteria. But we waited long, she didn’t come, so we decided to come to the classroom. Maybe Skylar didn’t get the text and she went to our class. She was there, we greeted her, but she just said she had to go, and she ran,” Kyria explained.

“Forctis, you said she seemed a bit off?” Fascino asked.

The guy nodded. “She wouldn’t look at us when she left.”

Suddenly, Vechter stood up from his seat. He swung the front door open. Then he ran to his step sister’s room.

“Brother!” Fascino called.

The others left decided to follow the king.

“Skylar!” Vechter shouted as he knocked on the locked door. “Skylar, answer me!”

No reply. There was no sound from inside the room.

“Brother, calm down, please,” Fascino begged.

“How can I?!” Vechter shouted at his twin. He stepped back, hand raised and faced to the door. eyes closed in concentration. Something blasted from his hand and threw the door open. He opened his eyes and ran inside.

“Skylar!” he shouted.

He looked around the room. What he saw next made him felt like everything around him just come crashing down.

His sister was there, laying on the cold floor lifelessly. A sword pierced in to her stomach, making a sea of blood.