12

Thalia (1)

"You betrayed my trust. From the beginning, you intended to misuse this knowledge for evil purposes!"

"You don't understand! If anyone's evil, it's the Fire Nation!" Sokka tried to convince the owl. "You saw what they did to your library. They're destructive and dangerous. We need this information!"

"You think you're the first person to believe their war was justified? Countless others before you have come here seeking weapons or weaknesses or battle strategies."

"We had no choice! Please, we're just desperate to protect the people we love!" Aang pleads. I step in, "If we don't get this information, the world will be in even more trouble than it is now. You'll be doing everyone a favor."

"I don't owe any favors!" The owl snaps at me. "Now, I'm going to protect what I love." He begins to flap his wings, making everything shake under us.

"What are you doing?!" Aang asks.

"I'm taking my knowledge back. No one will ever abuse it again!" Above us, sand starts so seep through into the room.

"He's sinking the building!" Katara yells. "We've gotta get out of here!"

"I'm afraid I can't allow that. You already know too much." The owl strikes down with its beak and we all jump out of the way. We run out of the planetarium with it chasing us.

In the middle of the library, Aang used his glider to strike down the owl, buying us some time. "We've gotta get back to the surface!"

When Sokka didn't budge, I furrow my brows at him. "We've got an owl to run from, Sokka. A good time to leave would be now."

He raises his arms up. "But we still don't know when the next Eclipse is gonna happen!"

"Don't be stupid! We'll find out later." Katara said. Sokka shakes his head, "No, we won't. If we leave this place, we'll never get the information."

I groan. "Well we better hurry or we'll never have the chance to even get out of here." He nods quickly. "Aang, come with us to the planetarium. We need cover. Katara, take Momo and get out of here!"

"But-!" The owl barges in and targets Katara.

"Go!"

"Hurry Sokka!"

The three of us run back to the planetarium. I glance behind me every few seconds for any sign of the owl.

"What's your plan, ponytail?" I ask Sokka as we enter the planetarium. He rushes to the large machine. "If this calendar can tell us about Eclipses in the past, then maybe it can project when the next one will be!"

"You can't possibly check every single date." Aang says.

"I don't have to." Sokka responds. "We just need to check every date before Sozin's Comet arrives. Because after that... well, try not to think about that."

"Because after that, were doomed!" I move my hands in a circular motion in front of me. "Can we hurry this up?!"

Sokka begins to put in date after date. Each time, an Eclipse doesn't show. I lightly stomp my feet on the ground, clearly nervous. DOES THIS THING NOT KNOW THAT WE'RE ON THE VERGE OF DEATH!?